Rotating Powerhead

shel

Hello Everyone,
I just ordered one of those rotating powerheads. I was wondering if anyone is or has used them, and how did work for you. It seems like a good idea, I am real excited about this, I think it will be next week. Any comments?
Thanks,
Shel

porscheguy

If you ordred a power sweep from ZooMed then it might not rotate all that much. I had one but took it back because it just would not rotate,I think it has something to do with the mechanism getting stuck with small bits of junk or a film of algae growing on the gears.

goofieones

Do you know what brand name? I have two of the zoomed powersweeps, and they have been working okay for me. Many people will tell you that they stop sweeping after awhile. I only cleaned mine once and one did stop sweeping for about two months, and then all of a sudden it started sweeping agian. It was so funny because my snails would get on the sweeping part of it and clean it, and they would be moving back and forth, I always wondered if they got dizzy. LOL But even if it does stop sweeping it still pushes out water, so in my opinoin still working.

lcc

has anyone tried the Rio 360 attachment you can get for their products? It is suppose to continuiously rotate the current in the tank.