royal Gramma

starfish79

Hey everyone. I have a quick question. I sa royal gramma(fairy bassle) a good fish to have. The guy at the lfs suggested it and I wanted to get someone elses oppinion.
Any and all comments welcome. Please help

imurnamine

I'd get one.
As long as you don't plan to get any Pseudochromis, which is what I've heard.
I plan on getting one for my 72 gallon!

shogun323

I've got one and he is a great fish with great personality. Their fun to watch as they swim in the funniest angles. You'd think they have vertigo!!!
I have mine with a maroon clown and some blue/green chromis in my 50.

chub

Is there a trick to have them come out and swim around, mine comes out to eat and then goes hiding doesnt go 3" from its hiding spot only tank mates are a couple of clowns and a few crabs

riafekim

I just got mine yesterday! After acclimation I put him in the tank and thought he didn't make it because he disappeared for a long time. But then my son saw him in a hole in the rocks. Every so often he comes out and swims around for a but then goes back in. I just have a few chromis and they haven't bothered him any.
It is a beautiful fish and hope that after a little while he bocomes more sociable.
My recommendation is go for it!

mazdaman

chromis would work well with the royal and no mine has never tried to jump.the chromis will help him come out and swim cause mine hid 2 till i got the chromis.

riafekim

Originally Posted by chub
Well my next fish are going to be 3 Chromis I hope the Gramma will be socialable
I put it in with my three chromis and there hasn't been any problems.

pallan

great little fish and very hardy IMO
territorial around other fish. it never did like my purple firefish
when defending territory its kinda neat to watch them ROAR. they open their mouth wide and it looks like they are growling to beat heck.