Royal gramma...

ldb007

I got my gramma about 4 days ago and it was out the first 2 days. I haven't seen it in 2 days not even to come out for food. I used my turkey baster to gently blow around and under the rocks to see if it would come out....nothing!! Do you think my anemone ate it?!!? I know they hide and stuff but I haven't seen it ANYWHERE!!

rbaldino

Well, what else is in the tank? He may just be hiding, or another fish got him. He may have even jumped if you don't have a secure top on the tank.

ldb007

he didn't jump out. The fish I have in there are yellow fin angel, 2 clowns, and 3 cromis. Inverts I have 5 nass snails, about 13 hermit crabs, cleaner shrimp, and an anemone.

renogaw

mine disappeared for a couple days and i found it dead unfortunately. odd too since they are supposed to be decent fish. you don't have anything that shoulda messed with it... if you don't see it assume either it died and the hermits ate it, or your bta may have, but that rarely happens if the fish is healthy.
any ammonia?

ldb007

0 ammonia...I actually checked today because I couldnt' find my fish and did a test to see if there was a trace of ammonia.

marinfire1

mine when i first got him stayed hinden in the rocks for like a week but now he comes out during feedings...so i wouldnt worry to much they find very tight places to hide and hang out...

ldb007

Originally Posted by marinfire1
mine when i first got him stayed hinden in the rocks for like a week but now he comes out during feedings...so i wouldnt worry to much they find very tight places to hide and hang out...

I hope thats the case...thanks so much!

saltn00b

they are known to be shy at first, so dont sweat it until about a week goes by.
also, you should quarantine your fish, to make sure they are healthy ^^

zanoshanox

They are supposed to be hardy, but in my personal experiences, i have noticed them to be probably one of the leats hardy fish that i've kept. I've had three or four over the past couple years and i only had one that lasted over a month. He lasted about 6, but the other ones didnt make it very long...just my experience. Thye do hide a lot, and will find crevices in the rocks.