topher

ok i think i want my first fish to be a Royal Gramma i have a 12gl jbj nano
the tank has been up for a month
ph=8.2
ammonia=0
nitrite=0
nitrate=5.0
sal-1.023
inverts=3 turbo,3 bumble bee snails, coral banded shrimp, small brittle star (hicther), 2 blue leg hermits,
corals= gsp, frog spaun, zoos
Is this an ok fish and if so what else can i put in with it?

garnet13aj

It definitely looks like your tank is cycled but I don't know many saltwater fish that are comfortable in less than a 20g tank. I'd definitely wait for some other opinions, but Marine Fishes by Scott Michael suggests at least a 20g.

gmford1979

saltwaterfish.com says that 10 gallon is the minimum. good luck with a 12 gal. in 5 months, no scratch that, tomorrow you will want bigger. then bigger, then bigger. its an addiction not a hobby

P

pokey

10 gallons is the smallest number I've seen recommended for the royal gramma. Mine tends to swim all over the tank and throughout the live rock. He also picked out his own hole, in one specific piece of live rock, to sleep in at night. How much LR do you have?

topher

Originally Posted by COWFISHRULE
tank has been up for a month and there are corals in it already ?
:notsure:

yes i do!

topher

Originally Posted by pokey
10 gallons is the smallest number I've seen recommended for the royal gramma. Mine tends to swim all over the tank and throughout the live rock. He also picked out his own hole, in one specific piece of live rock, to sleep in at night. How much LR do you have?

i have about 11lbs