Running 2 skimmers?

brucewrs

Anyone running two skimmers on there tank?I have a 210 with alot of fish and alot of live rock.I have the BerlinXL skimmer and I was going to add etss devil besides.just curious?I guess it cant hurt...The Berlin XL came with the tank and I bought a second hand etss devil for a good price.

N

nluchau

I dont see why it wouldnt hurt. It will just get more sludge out. Id say go for it. If I had an extra one Id put it on. Just my .02

sebae09

ive thought about that too, im definately going for it soon, if you think about it nothing bad can happen.

brucewrs

I am hooking it up tomorrow.I have to overflows so I have one skimmer for the fuge and one for the wet dry sump.More the merry..

brucewrs

Well I did it ..Here is a pic of where I put the skimmer.Just having a hard time adjusting it... any trick?I also changed my rock around.What do you think?

BEFORE>>>>>>

AFTER>>>>>>>>>>

acrylic51

Brucewrs you'll be fine running 2 separate skimmers on the tank....You might find 1 pulls harder than the other, but that's fine....What you could do is clean them at different times.....Clean 1, 1 day and clean the other the next day on a rotating basis, that way you always have a skimmer pulling!!!!!!JMO