Rusty Angel w/ fin rot?

ca161406

no pics as of yet, camera is charging.
but i got a Rusty Angel, had it in QT for 14 days(was in the LFS display which is super health) looked good and eating strong so i transferred to my display tank. its been a few days and all is well but today i noticed its top-back fin is kinda shredding and missing a lil bit, and the tail has a lil white haze to it.
ill post a pic asap. thanks

aquaknight

Waiting for pics to be sure, but sounds like two seperate problems, the top fin being damaged from the collection/handling process, and the cloudy tailfin from a disease, lympho, Ich, flukes, etc...

ca161406

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3059745
Waiting for pics to be sure, but sounds like two seperate problems, the top fin being damaged from the collection/handling process, and the cloudy tailfin from a disease, lympho, Ich, flukes, etc...
what i dont understand is why it looked perfect, then decided to get messed up.
batteries still getting buzzed up :/

ca161406

can't really tell from the pics :/ but its there. and it seems like the white on the back fin is starting to fade a little.

wow scratches and algae look bad in the pictures but really aren't that bad

sepulatian

I am not sure about scratches and algae, but I see white spots on his tail and body. Is that the camera too or are they there? Why in the world would you QT for only 14 days? You have the QT set up and available. You may as well of not put him into the QT at all. I am sorry if that sounds harsh but your practice makes no sense to me.

jayson417

Hello,
If you can move him back to QT and watch him for the next few days. If you start to see more white spots develop or any at all you might have ick. For now i would just just monitor him.

ca161406

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/3060699
I am not sure about scratches and algae, but I see white spots on his tail and body. Is that the camera too or are they there? Why in the world would you QT for only 14 days? You have the QT set up and available. You may as well of not put him into the QT at all. I am sorry if that sounds harsh but your practice makes no sense to me.
the spots you see are actually on the glass, not the fish.
the only reason for adding it quickly was because i knew where its been for the past few months. any other fish would have been longer.
i think the damage is coming from aggression from my clowns because i seen nipping after the moon lights came on :/