Ryebread...Photography Setup

wolffam

I have viewed you pics on this site and on your website. What type of setup are you using. Your pictures are fantastic! Can you describe what goes into getting a shot like that? Camera, lens, lighting, film, etc. Thanks for taking the time to answer this.

2jz

i believe rye is shooting with nikon products. nikon makes great cameras and their metering system is by far the best in the industry! as far as shooting shots, i would meter, shoot and than bracket. also, different app and shutter speed combinations can create different effects on the picture, such as dof. goodluck!

ryebread

I shoot with all kinds of different stuff.
Some of the shots are with my Nikon F100 film camera with various lenses. Some are with my Nikon D100 with lenses too. Flash experiments are always good.
Thanks for the compliments!
I always shoot with lots of different f/stops and shutter speeds to see what turns out best. Sometimes I fire a softbox at the tank to get a more diffused lighting effect........sometimes I just point and shoot. :D Clean the glass before anything or you might be wasting your time.....however, using some good lenses with a short depth of field will enable you to make your tank look better than real life. :)