Sailfin tang question

draven25

First let me thank everyone here, because of this site i have never really had any problems in this hobby which i have been in for about a year or so. the threads are most helpful. But none of the threads really addressed my problem so here is my post.
She has been in my display tank for a week or so. Prior to that she was in my QT tank for about 4 weeks. Anyhow, she is happy and playful with the other tank inahibitants as far as i can tell. I fed them today around noon. Well a few hours later i was staring into the tank and noticed she threw up everything she ate in three "coughs" if you will, but then proceeded to devour all the food she threw up.

it is a 180G
sg 1025
ph 8.4
nh3/nh4 0
no2 0
no3 5
thanks in advance for any replies

draven25

I'm sorry i forgot to post what it is that i fed her, i usually feed her formula two flake and nori. my clowns however love the formula one pellet and she nibbles on whatever pellet is left over. it is the pellet that i noticed she threw up but then ate them all up right away. i have been monitoring her closely since this post and she seems to be doing well. nibbling on what she can find on the live rock. :notsure:

hot883

Thats good. I have found my Des jardin Red Sea Tang to be the fastest growing one and also the biggest pig out of all of my tangs.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Draven25
I'm sorry i forgot to post what it is that i fed her, i usually feed her formula two flake and nori. my clowns however love the formula one pellet and she nibbles on whatever pellet is left over. it is the pellet that i noticed she threw up but then ate them all up right away. i have been monitoring her closely since this post and she seems to be doing well. nibbling on what she can find on the live rock. :notsure:
She is a Tang, feed her some Nori sheets. Tangs prefer greens. She is "coughing" it up because she is not used to it.