sally missing legs

jb1

ok all i got is a 30-90 clean up crew, red serpent star, 4 peppermints, 2 cleaner shrimp, and a royal gramma.
today i noticed that my sally lightfoot had some legs missing. do you have any clew what would do this and will they grow back (i doubt it!)

buzz

Give it a molt or 2, and they will grow back. When I got my Sally, it was missing a leg. One molt and it had the whole thing back again.

jb1

just seen my peppermint carrying one of his legs . i hope it was just cleaning up.. will check iodine levels so proper molting can happen
thanks

regaldragon

I'm kinda curious on this one as well - I had a sally for a few months, which one day lost 4 legs. The next day it had no front pincers, and the next day it was dead. I have yet to find out what happened to the poor thing.

jb1

sg 1.025
temp 78
ph 8.2
everyhting perfect
acclimated him by the drip method just as swf.com said do
he looked great for over a week and then this
?????

jb1

cleaning crew and one royal gramma
have not heard a mantis, if that is what you are thinking

lionstorm

one of your fish might be attacking it, I know I made the horrible mistake of putting one in a tank with a pufferfish (i know i know!! i feel really bad trust me) and they will molt the legs back, but if something is picking on it then in the long run it will likely not make it.