Salt Mixes.....What are you using????

S

siptang

Doing a water testing tonight after the lights go out.
Will post my results by tomorrow. :/
My p04 was at 2 as soon as I changed salt last week. Since then, I have changed the phosphate media to a new batch and did a water change afterwards so let's see how this thing goes.

luvmyreef

Ok guys, the store I contacted is ordering me aquavitro salinity. Tell me if this is a good or atleast okay deal....the 120gl bucket for 74.79, and the 225gl bucket for 121.79?? I ordered the smaller bucket for now just so I can try this stuff. :)

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyreef http:///t/388072/salt-mixes-what-are-you-using/220#post_3440186
Ok guys, the store I contacted is ordering me aquavitro salinity. Tell me if this is a good or atleast okay deal....the 120gl bucket for 74.79, and the 225gl bucket for 121.79?? I ordered the smaller bucket for now just so I can try this stuff. :)
That's on the higher side, but not completely outside of pricing that I've seen. Basically, they're making you pay for shipping.

luvmyreef

Ok. I will accept it. I know these guys are high for everything in the store, so I just wanted to check. Thanks! Looks like I get to try it Woohoo!!!

luvmyreef

Thanks Meowzer. I am gonna try it and see what it does for my coral. So, you could not order it again? Funny thing is, I have a box of tropic marine, and two full bags of rc that I don't know what to do with. I guess I will use them on the 10g nano.... or if I don't like the aquavitro, I will try the tropic marine on the 180g.

deejeff442

i called around here and 3 stores have it.one was $125 for the 225 bucket,#2 was 135 and the lfs i get it at is $90.so there are crooks out there for sure.no reason to be withing 20 miles of each other and have a $45 difference.
by the way what do you mean if you dont like it ? lol

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyreef http:///t/388072/salt-mixes-what-are-you-using/220#post_3440228
Thanks Meowzer. I am gonna try it and see what it does for my coral. So, you could not order it again? Funny thing is, I have a box of tropic marine, and two full bags of rc that I don't know what to do with. I guess I will use them on the 10g nano.... or if I don't like the aquavitro, I will try the tropic marine on the 180g.
I found a couple of places that wanted $150 and over.....I am not willing to pay that much
I still have a little RC...I am using it up on the smaller tanks and QT

luvmyreef

Wow. I see that my prices were not too bad then. Meowzer, didn't you switch to the tropic marine? Is it too soon to ask whether or not you like it? Deejeff442, I just meant if I didn't like what it does for my tank. Hopefully, it will improve my tank though. lol.

meowzer

LUV...I have not even opened it yet....LOL....used the last of my Aqua Vitro this weekend....
I really think since my tank is so big, I really have to do quite a few w/c's before I would see anything....BUT.....I CAN get the tropic Marin Pro....SOOOOO lol

luvmyreef

Ok lol. Have you tested your ph, phos, etc? If not, I would be curious to see what changes happen with it. If levels stay more consistant, etc. I will test my water before I start my water changes and after each and report results under my thread for anyone who is curious. I will also test newly made batches to see as well.

meowzer

NOPE.....I should have tested them...LOL....just been pre-occupied I guess.....I will test before I start using the other stuff

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko http:///t/388072/salt-mixes-what-are-you-using/220#post_3434919
Hey I am in New Baltimore, what store?
Sorry,
I am not sure how I missed this. Kees on 23 mile and Van Dyke.
The price is like $89.00 but if you are in their pet club the price is $75.00 ($10.00 to join) . Then you can print off a "$10.00 off any purchase of $50.00 or more" coupon ( I just google kees coupons and you can find one, or they come in the shopper mags that come in the mail) $65.00 plus tax is the best deal in town (I would think). Oh and yes this is for the big bucket 225g!!!!
I just picked up a bucket last night and I am mixing some up for a WC. Holy hell that is one heavy bucket of salt!!!! LOL
I am super excited to try this stuff, and I think that it is more cost effective then reef crystals in a way.
But they did say that they are going to be increasing their salt prices come the new year. So, if you are going, go soon. They had at least one more of the big buckets and a couple of the small buckets.
PS. I am in Macomb Twp at 25 and Romeo Plank. You are like 10 minutes away. Small world... LOL

chips

I am using the h2Ocean now instead of the instant ocean. I noticed that there isn't as much slime in the bottom of the makeup bucket after 4 days. If I let the instant ocean makeup sit that long there is always slime and brown film on the powerhead and heater. I can avoid that by letting the instant ocean only sit for the 24 hour period but not much more than that. I just wonder if the instant ocean is doing that in the makeup bucket, what will it do in the tank. I have noticed a decline in brown slime on the glass and pumps in my DT once I changed to H2Ocean. I also changed some bad habits like long light schedule and over feeding. Which one of those helped I could never tell but I know I don't have slime in my fresh saltwater anymore and my pump and heater come out of the bucket clean every time.