Salt

upyurzbudy

HEY EVERYONE
I JUST HAD A QUESTION ABOUT SALT AND WHAT BRAND TO USE SHOULD I USE OCEANIC SALT OR REEF CRYSTALS ? :notsure:

A

andretti

Just about any will do (except) Mortons! (ha, ha) Some will swear by this brand over that brand (i.e.) Ford vs. Chevy. I personally use Reef Crystals. It just seems to disolve better than Instant Ocean, but I also used IO for years. You want at least three things from your salt: to disolve and not clump, not contain excess chemicals and finally, you want a good price. In my opinion, Reef Crystals does all three of these very well. I'm sure many will agree, while other will disagree

goulding.c

I have to complain. I have 6000 lbs of left over salt in my salt bin for my plowing company which I pay $40/ton for. And then I have to pay the same or close for a little 5 gallon bucket. I started this season with 75 tons and refilled twice if anyone cares.
I found a blue bucket that is fine and dissolves well can't remeber the name off hand though. It also raised my calcium higher than the typical insatn ocean mix
CG