Saltwater Pool

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/3005313
Who has one. Do you like it. We have our builder and are signing a contract today.
T

The in-laws have one, it is awesome, less maintenance....easier on the kids than chlorine....all that good stuff.

kjr_trig

I do...Yeah it's great, very low maint. for me, just check ph and chlorine levels every week and adjust as needed....If I could do it over I would have gone with PebbleSheen instead of PebbleTec.

dschwartz

+1 on the salt pool. had one for several years now and would never do traditional chlorine pool. Also, I prefer plaster pools over the more trendy pebble-tec, pebble-sheen, etc. it is more difficult to install (i.e. must be smoothed by hand and imperfections are visible.) this is why pool companies really push the pepple finish products, it can be applied with less precision and imperfections are invisible. I just like the smoother finish...

tangman99

I have one and will never have anything else. No chlorine to mess with and very low maintenance as said. They are well worth the money and make your skin and hair soft like a water softner.

deejeff442

i work for a few pool companies doing thier stamped concrete and i like the roman design you picked.
funny about gunite straight walls cost more than curves.
i would suggest a nice plastic spa over the gunite as they are alot more comfortable and can be surrounded the same as gunite.
also cost around the same a gunite spa with a square seat vs. a contoured plastic spa.
gunite spa's are stillaround $4500-$5000
plaster usually will last 10 yrs and pebble teck alot longer.
clorine is ok up north where it doesnt get as much sun .the sun evaporates the clorine and in somewhere like florida salt is the way to go.
the start up is around 1200-1300 more but it pays for itself within a few years.
oh yea funny about the customer telling me thier pool contract is $35000
they forget landscape,fence,more furniture,lights etc.
you can probably add 10-15 percent to what you think it is.
but if you love swimming and use the pool its worth it.
good luck

We're getting an above ground pool with the saltwater filter in the next few weeks..We had chlorine , but it was alot of maintence , testing etc... ..your pool plans look awesome !

tangman99

The Aqua Cal is a great choice. We have one that heats our pool. Very efficient. Make sure you have a cover for cold days.

teresaq

Yah, we waited a few yrs because of our youngest. He is three now and we are havin g the baby fence put in. My 11 yr old cant wait to have a pool party for her birthday.
T

adee

we have a family friend who has a saltwater pool... its AWESOME!!! I love it, its soo much nicer, doesnt leave you feeling all gross when you get out like in chlorine, exc. Good luck!! Take pics

makoshrk2

I grew up on one of the cleanest lakes in the country, so I have never heard of saltwater pools. What kind of salt do you use?

orion3814

did when we had our house in arizona was very nice alot of props tat everyone else on here is giving cant go wrong