***** saltwater setup

jwj697006

Hey guys I've been thinking about setting up a saltwater tank and it would be my first so i thought this tank would be a good choice http://www.*****.com/product_info.as...&ct2=Kits&ct3= what do you guys think? Should I get a different type of light bulb to go with that cause i like the way people have their light in reef tanks but im probably just gonna do a fowlr tank. I would appreciate your input.

22caddy

Fish only it would be ok. You can't just change the bulb to achieve the light like most reef tanks. You would have to retrofit a different type of lighting in the hood. Honestly I would not personally get one, but for fish only its ok. As far as price I don't know, I have never checked them out before.

lefty

If you don't plan on turning this tank into a reef, it will suit your needs just fine. Most reasons why people get special lighting is to care for corals. Just don't put any corals in there and everything should be swell. :D
-lefty

cowfishrule

you can get a basic tank setup to run a successful fish only tank. its when you go into the land of corals that you start needing specific gear