Saltwaterfish.com stock?

reefchick15

I want to make a purchase of corals from this site but they never seem to have many things in stock. Does anyone know when they stock their fish so i could possibly get what i want when it first comes in and they have it?

vontill

I was curious about this too. Some of the stuff they have on there they have not had in stock for a long time.

reefchick15

ya, i don't check it that often so i wasn't sure if there was like someday that they have more and it just disapears fast.

frankthetank

I have been curious about this too. Sometimes they have some good deals on corals and I wouldn't mind purchasing a $100 worth. But like others have said, they seem to never have anything in stock lately.

reefchick15

so isn't there anyone out there that has noticed a trend :notsure: ? haha, thanks you two that have replied...i come one this message board pretty much every day lately so i should start looking at the corals more often. :thinking:

05xrunner

yea..Anyone can list a ton of stuff and never have it. and just say out of stock.
Maybe I will make a site and list tons of awesome stuff just say not in stock..LOL

reefchick15

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
yea..Anyone can list a ton of stuff and never have it. and just say out of stock.
Maybe I will make a site and list tons of awesome stuff just say not in stock..LOL

haha, ya...they have lots of fish usually but they are lacking in the coral area. and thats what i need

fish1031

some things they always have and other they never have... but lately it has been slow. I was thinking it maybe had something to do with winter?

frankthetank

I have been looking at the corals section for at least two months now. They've pretty much been depleted for that long. I was really wanting to get something new and different that I can't get at the LFS.

justforfun

This might be a stupid question. But this forum is on the same site as all the fish and coral. Does the person that runs this forum also the same person that runs the saltwaterfish.com store.
They shoud be able to answer these questions direct or am I wrong.
I know I had a link to another online fish store on a fish that saltwarerfish.com does not even show in stock or able to order it at all as a option. It was deleted in like 5 mins and was told I cant link to ther sites.
I get this if we are taking business away from them. But if they dont have it in stock or dont even have it as a option such as a Mappa Puffer then what is wrong with that?

reefchick15

we are stating that most of the fish and corals etc. that they have listed are rarely available. I was just wondering if they got a shipment in on a certain day at a certain time so i could buy what i want...which is mostly unavailable. I figured that if the person that runs this forum would see this and answer it...also i know many people purchase from this site...maybe they know.

meleerock

the moderators on this message board do not work at swf.com (I believe). The owners of the site ask the mods. to delete ANY competitor link. Just because swf might not have the exact fish that is needed, does not mean another site that sells fish is not a competitor
As far as the corals go, I would just email swf and see what the problem is if no one else knows. I think their email is fish@saltwaterfish.com

meleerock

I actually just emailed them. I also want to purchase some corals that are rare for my lfs around here. I will let you know what they respond.

frankthetank

Originally Posted by MeleeRock
I actually just emailed them. I also want to purchase some corals that are rare for my lfs around here. I will let you know what they respond.
I'd love to hear the answer, I wish I could get my hands on some awesome colored zoos!

meleerock

Alright, SWF.com just emailed me back. Here is what they have to say...
I have noticed within the last couple of months that there has been a decreasing amount of corals available for purchase on your website. I know that some might not always be available for several reasons, but was wondering when you were expecting there to be more corals available for sale. I was thinking that the winter months might someway effect the availability of corals. Thank you in advanced for your response!

[hr]
Hi,
Thanks for the email. We should have more items in stock very soon. Please continue to check back or use the Wish List feature to be notified when an item comes back into stock.
Thanks,
Customer Service Team
Saltwaterfish.com
www.saltwaterfish.com

sjgsm

them lol... yours was wayyyy more complex for the answer that you recieved... they could've said they were having difficulty getting corals in stock or something but didn't. Not to sound mean or anything but those kinds of emails bug me because they seem like automatic responses