Sand question

sufunk

After doing some rearranging of my 36g tank and with some rearranging help from my new engineer and bullet goby, i found a corner of the tank was exposed with no sand today. I want to add a few cups of sand and was wondering can I just buy a bag of live sand or do i need to get sand from an established tank. does it matter? My tank is about 14 months old and the bullet goby is a sand sifting feeder. any help would be appreciated
Hope to get pics up soon

fisherson

i think if your tank is up and running in good standing for that long you'd be ok adding a few cups of any sand you want. I wouldn't ad any more than that just incase you get a small spike. But your system should be able to handle a few cups easy

jumpfrog

Did the gobies just move the sand away? If so, couldn't you just move it back?
In answer to your question, yes to live sand in a bag and yes to live sand from another tank.
This may be an ongoing event though. I have a gold strip maroon clown that loves his clear spot on the bottom of the tank and no matter how much sand I put there, he'll just clean it off until he reaches glass again.
Cheers

sufunk

im sure the gobies moved it away since i have some new dunes. I would move it back but one if the big dunes the engineer made into a home so i dont wanna disturb it.