sand storm!

mlt

Does any one have suggestions on how to keep power heads attached to the tank wall? I have three power heads that keep
falling off and creating a sand storm in my tank. I am using the suck cups that came with them. They have very short cords that make it hard to move them around. I have one in front of the lr at the front top corner, one behind the lr near the bottom and one in front of the lr at the front lower corner. Are they in the proper location? Thanks

jeepboy

What brand of PH are you using? I have several Maxi-jets and they work great as long as the glass is clean before mounting. Seems not all suction cups are made equal, I have a WON heater and it never stays attached to the glass.

mlt

I am not at home right now so I can't check the brand name. I have used a razor and cleaned the glass and still after a day or so the dumb things fall off and I come home to a mess! Are they in the right location? Thanks

pacopetty

MLT I have the exact same problem. I have two penguin 550s and they absolutely will not stay attached and neither will my heater

flydan

Hey,
As to where your power heads are located, that sounds about right. It really depends on how strong they are and how your lr is placed. Anywhere you can put them so you don't have any "dead spots" is fine. Every once in a while you might want to take a turkey baster and blow off debris that collects on your lr.
HTH,
Dan'l

purity

i guess i'm lucky cause mine just stay in place without any suction cups. if i were you i'd just find something near the PH cords outside yer tank and ziptie em together.