Santa

jkvjl

Ok, we're all big boys and girls, and know there's no such thing as Santa. And here's the reason :).
Sorry if I ruined it for you people that believe in him.
There are approximately two billion children (persons under 18) in the world.
However, since Santa does not visit children of Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, or Buddhist (except maybe in Japan) religions, this reduces the workload for Christmas night to 15% of the total, or 378 million (according to the population reference bureau).
At an average (census) rate of 3.5 children per household, that comes to 108 million homes, presuming there is at least one good child in each.
Santa has about 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming east to west (which seems logical).
This works out to 967.7 visits per second. This is to say that for each Christian household with a good child, Santa has around 1/1000th of a second to park the sleigh, hop out, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left for him, get back up the chimney, jump into the sleigh and get onto the next house.
Assuming that each of these 108 million stops is evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false, but will accept for the purposes of our calculations), we are not talking about 0.78 miles per household; a total trip of 75.5 million miles, not counting bathroom stops or breaks.
This means Santa's sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second - 3,000 times the speed of sound.
For purposes of comparison, the fastest man made vehicle, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a pokey 27.4 miles per second, and a conventional reindeer can run (at best) 15 miles per hour.
The payload of the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium sized LEGO set (two pounds), the sleigh is carrying over 500 thousand tons, not counting Santa himself.
On land, a conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting that flying reindeer can pull 10 times the normal amount, the job can't be done with eight or even nine of them -Santa would need 360,000 of them.
This increases the payload, not counting the weight of the sleigh, another 54,000 tons, or roughly seven times the weight of the Queen Elizabeth (the ship, not the monarch).
A mass of nearly 600,000 tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance - this would heat up the reindeer in the same fashion as a spacecraft re-entering the earth's atmosphere.
The lead pair of reindeer would absorb 14.3 quintillion joules of energy per second each. In short, they would burst into flames almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them and creating deafening sonic booms in their wake.
The entire reindeer team would be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second, or right about the time Santa reaches the fifth house on his trip.
Not that it matters, however, since Santa, as a result of accelerating from a dead stop to 650 m.p.s. in .001 seconds, would be subjected to acceleration forces of 17,000 g's.
A 250 pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim considering all the high calorie snacks he must have consumed over the years) would be pinned to the back of the sleigh by 4,315,015 pounds of force, instantly crushing his bones and organs and reducing him to a quivering blob of pink goo.
Therefore, if Santa did exist, he's dead now.
Happy Christmahaunkwanzaka people :).

D

daniel411

You're forgetting about Rudolphs Red nose though! Its the secret which allows all of that to happen :D
Happy Christmahaunkwanzaka to everyone also :)

saltymom

Yeah..and didnt you see ELF!! You have to believe or the Sliegh doesnt work,it wont fly up right, like its supposed !!!
The secret to spreading christmas cheer is to sing really loud for all to hear!!

mr_krabs

Originally posted by saltymom
Yeah..and didnt you see ELF!! You have to believe or the Sliegh doesnt work,it wont fly up right, like its supposed !!!
The secret to spreading christmas cheer is to sing really loud for all to hear!!

that movie was funny and lame

saltymom

lmao..uhhuh..it was funny....and...lame! BUT FUNNY OMG!
When that store manager attacked that fake santa, I almost peed my pants!!

nikkoli110

Haven't you ever heard of santas "helpers"? :santa:
Haha, a guy I work with plays Santa, he grows his beard out all year long, keeps it trimmed and everything, then starts bleaching it around early November. He's great, always told his kids that he was one of Santa's helpers when they were little. He always says how fun it is, esp when kids ask if his beard is real and they pull on it, and are amazed that it is a real beard.
Here's his pic of him with my niece....

C

capschamp

there is too a santa! :D

its me. i got to be santa at my school for the kindergarten and first grade and you should have seen the look on their faces.

saltymom

Originally posted by Nikkoli110
:santa:
Here's his pic of him with my niece....

That is precious! We have a "real" santa helper here too..with a real beard..he keeps his all year..even in the summer..if the kids she him, its ..look mommie theres santa!
...its sad thou, he has brain cancer..and there is nothing they can do for him. He isnt playing Santa this year, because he doesnt feel well...but in all our hearts he is our Santa!
I will try to find a picture of him..I know I have sum..but..since we moved I havent been able to find a freekin thing I own.

doxboi

My question is, How come Santa has taken over Christmas. Some people say who is Jesus, I know Santa. I asked at random about 15 kids if they knew what Christmas is all about, and they all had a common answer of presents and santa. No one knew the Savior of the world. This is interesting. Then people ask what is happening to our country. Jesus was born to save the world and Dec. 25 is the day this is recognized. Soon enough halloween will be bigger than Christmas. Do I give my kids gifts? Yes I do. I tell them how the Three Wise Men brought Jesus gifts, and that is why we do it. I still place them under a tree over night and all. Just no Santa, I refuse to let him rule Christmas.

mukiwa

No you guys have it all wrong here.....Santa STOPS time....when all the kids are sleeping......:D
or that was what I was told
DoxBoi I agree with you there but no offence or anything but...but we have no proof that Jesus was born on the 25 and that he could have been born in March 8....we just never know and the fact that we have lost like 5 days throughout 2004 years...but oh well it is a nice time to celebrate it...
Well Happy Christmas :santa:

doxboi

This is why I said "Jesus was born to save the world and Dec. 25 is the day this is recognized"
Dec. 25 was actually a peagan holiday. Have alot of time on our hands, no, just an interest to know Christ. If you love someone like a spouse for example, you know alot of small details about them. People that love Christ learn to know him the same way. I agree still Christmas is a fun time. Merry Christmas

nm reef

Sadly...most folks seem to focus on the many stops santa needs to make...and the distance he must cover...and the speed at which he needs to travel...when the whole point isn't "all" that he does on that one night...its the joy he brings to the one child that lives in your home and "believes".....only just the one....not all the rest...just the one.:)

has anyone read the Davinci Code, it talks about Jesus' b-day and why its celebrated in dec., In the book it says the catholics said jesus' bday was in dec to match up with one of the pagan holidays and changed sabath from saturday to sunday (pagans were worshipers of the sun and nature hint hint) and it goes on and on but who knows if thats the way it really happened, but it makes sense b/c how would the roman catholics convert all of europe without the use of force or lies. in our history class we discussed how jesus was most likely born in the spring b/c somewhere it is told that david and mary were traveling to pay taxes (or something like it) and that is known to happen in spring.

liontamer

You mean santa's not real, and the reindeer got burnt, and santa turned into a blob???

Too much too handle, thanx a lot though, you really ruined christmas for me. Now im gonna go to Jesus and pray, asking why Santa had to die, cuz all he wanted to do was bring the happiness in material form that Jesus always wanted us to have.