Saturday Night Nano Pics

benj420

Here are some pics of my 5.5 gallon nano. Today I added 2 mushrooms, a few orange colony polyps, and a small frag of green star polyps. Not much, but a start

justinl

Hey I like those orange polyps. Did you frag them from your own bigger tank? I can't seem to find those locally. All I have are the green and yellow ones.

danrw84

hey man, cool
so you chose a damsel? going to add any other fish?
i've always wondered what fish id have in a nano.
i think a tiny perc and a little goby or something.
looking great
see ya

hairtrigger

That's a nice red mushroom. Hey benj, like you say, gotta start somewhere. I have seen some bada$$ nanos, and yours is on the way. I hear they are tougher to maintain too. :cool:

benj420

Originally posted by JustinL
Hey I like those orange polyps. Did you frag them from your own bigger tank? I can't seem to find those locally. All I have are the green and yellow ones.

No, my LFS bought a 180 gallon reef tank from a guy getting out of the hobby that had them growing all over the place. When they broke the tank down, he scraped all of the polyps off of the powerheads, glass, and all non-rock surfaces. Consequently, the LFS has a ton of them both mounted and unmounted. I bought $10 of unmounted, broke it into three pieces and superglued them in place (1 in nano and 2 in 20 gallon).
I'm not really into buying large pieces of coral, I would rather start with a small frag and grow them out. Not really so much for the money factor, but I like the satisfaction of doing it myself.
I got them here:
www.thereefshop.com
not sure if they ship. Ask for Mark.

benj420

Originally posted by danrw84
hey man, cool
so you chose a damsel? going to add any other fish?
i've always wondered what fish id have in a nano.
i think a tiny perc and a little goby or something.
looking great
see ya

Going to eventually take the damsel out and replace it with a small black and white percula. i just don't have a place for the damsel right now, so he's in there.