Save Fuel=MORE Cash.

martinc909

Has anyone tried the new

[hr]
that make your vehicle consume less gas. I was just wondering because I was really considering in buying some. Even though I have no car or know how to drive I wanted to get some for my mother. Has anyone tried these? If so, do they work? My uncle said that his truck is consuming a lot less fuel. He used to spend $100 weekly on his truck. and now he spends around 60. I just wanted to know what people thought of these

[hr]
. With the outrageous gas prices right now, everyone should get some. Supposebly the US used them for the military. if anyone wants to check them out here is the website.
savefuelcash.myffi.biz

37g joe

I have some magic beans for you too if you want to buy those. But really I highly doubt that these work if they did the company would be worth billions if not trillions. not to let you down though. Thiere was a mythbusters recently where they tested all the fuel saving myths some had even worse effects on consumpton. here are some Ideas on how to save on fuel. Dont speed over 60,mph a cars fuel consuption is drastically increased. also if you do alot of hard breaking and get up to speed very quickly it burns more fuel. dont use airconditoning when you dont need to. dont have the windows open is causes alot more drag if you can drift behind other viehcles that saves on fuel but creats more drag for them. also ride your bike when you can dont have the sterro hooke up to some car amps (I have a 200 watt amp with two tens when I use it it burns up more fuel.) you ask why the more electronics in a car the more the alternator need to work which makes the engin rpms increas a good way to see this is if you are driving the same speed see how your rpms increas when you turn on things like radios and aircondtion.

martinc909

I really have no idea what you just said. I have little knowledge on how a car works but thanks anyway. I just wanted to know if anyone else have tried them to see if they actually work or if my uncle is just plain lucky.

schneidts

Originally Posted by 37g Joe
dont use airconditoning when you dont need to. dont have the windows open is causes alot more drag .
I've always wondered...which is better, AC or windows down? They always say both are bad...

04mach

I have never heard of them, but I agree with the previous post that the company would be worth trillions. The "

[hr]
" would probably cost so much that the savings wouldnt be noticable.

37g joe

Originally Posted by schneidts
I've always wondered...which is better, AC or windows down? They always say both are bad...
Im not compleetlly sure but if your driving in city trafic have the windows down your not going to be affected by drag in 15mph traffic but on the free way where your driving at faster ratews AC would probably be beter but thats just my 2 cents.

martinc909

I think i'm going to get some. i am really conviced that they work.
if anyone wants to check them out the website is
savefuelcash.myffi.biz

nano_nut

Windows down for city driveing, and AC for freeway driveing. On a side note, i've never seen my engine RPM's rise when i switch on the A/C. Of course I drive a 5-speed so i would have to downshift for that to happen. Ooooh wait the idle speed raises like 50rpm when i switch on the AC, i doubt that will have an impact on mpg. Anyways yeah with my car i've noticed best mpg between 65 and 70mph, i've never had the patience to do just 60.
Other things like simple maintnance like keeping tire pressure apropriate (over-inflateing is dangerous) refraiming from jack rabbit starts and stomping the break peddle at the last second will all save fuel. I sometimes add a fuel additive to keep the internals clean and lubed though some will tell you that these additives can sometimes corrode or foul your spark plugs prematurely.

gexkko

Speaking of mythbusters, they did this test too. The results were the computer said A/C was better, but practical application had windows down being a significant amount more economical. I can't remember the exact results though. They tested using identical new ford explorers on a closed circuit track at a continual 55 mph.

my way

Just like the

[hr]
that make you skinny and the ones that give men a larger uuhhmm, eerrr, uhh, well you know! If they all worked the human race would be full of men who blow over in the wind, but would have built in anchors so as not to blow away.

gen1dustin

If your going less than 50 mph it's more efficient to have the a/c off & the windows down. If going over 50 mph keep them up & the a/c on. Your car catches to much drag with the windows down & going so fast.
As far as the

[hr]
go........... yeah right. Come on there isn't anything at all that can do that. I'm not all that sure about electronics on a vehicle making your engine consume more gas. Though I wouldn't be suprised if you had some sub-woofers beating up that it would affect you since the altenator would be working harder. Just having the radio on isn't going to make a difference though. Your a/c by the way doesn't run off the electronics mostly what really makes it consume more gas is the compressor that is hooked up to your belts & pulleys.
If anyone wants to read actual "Real" gas saving tips, go to my site Gen 1 Performance. Here's a direct link to the article I wrote on saving gas. http://www.gen1performance.com/gassavingtips.htm

gen1dustin

Man are gas prices high or what these days. It's totally rediculous, especially if you drive a big 'ol truck like me. Although there is a good bit of things you can easilly do to your vehicle to help with gas mileage savings. First off an important factor to you vehicle, the engine's oil. Changing the engine's oil is absolutely necessary. You need to regularly change the engine's oil or it can be killing your fuel efficiency. Normally you should change it every 3,000-5,000 miles or every 3 months. Synthetic oil can also help save on gas, it creates less friciton than standard motor oil. Make sure you have a clean air filter. If you have a paper element then you'll need to buy a new one if it's dirty. If you have a reuseable type then you can get a cleaning kit to do so. Next your tires, make sure they are inflated at the correct level. You don't want them over inflated & surely not under inflated. The tire pressure can be determined for your vehicle by checking on the sidewall of the tire, in the door jam on a sticker, or in the owner's manual. Also don't forget to rotate them regularly. Make sure your gas cap is shut all the way, normally 3 clicks. By it not being shut all the way fuel can evaporate & also can trigger a check engine light. For some people window tint might be a good idea. This can reduce temperature inside the vehicle through blocking the sun light. Thus creating less need for the air conditioning. Be sure to check your local laws on tint before applying it. Having a steady foot can help you out a ton. Don't gun it from stops, don't pump the pedal, & go the legal speed limit. By going slower you can actually save a good bit of gas. Using the cruise control can help you out a lot, it will help you from pumping the pedal & speeding.. On newer cars there isn't a lot of need for warming up the engine. On cold days under a 50 seconds should be fine. Also starting a car consumes about the same amount of fuel as idiling for 60 seconds. So don't shut your vehicle off if your going to take off quickly. So windows up or air conditioning on? Well it's kind of hard to say but, if your going 50 mph or under having the windows down is probally more efficinet than the A/C. However if going faster than that the A/C is probally more efficient. Of course this all depends on the amount of windows & how theyr'e open & what the air conditioner settings are on. So what about the old myth of leaving you tailgate down? From what I understand that myth has been busted thanks to the guys at Myth Busters. It is more efficient to have the tailgate up than down. More drag is created when the tailgate is down, when it's up the air flows off the truck instead of hitting the tailgate. Though for most efficiency look into getting a bed cover, they work wonder. Some companies gaurantee from 2-5 mpg increase. Ok, ok you do all of this, & it's still not enough. Is there anything I can invest in that actually works? The answer is yes, this is where the performance aftermarket comes in place. Actually you can increase your performance on your vehicles while also increasing the mileage. The two best things for the performance/mileage increase & price is probally a cat-back exhaust system or an air intake. A cat-back exhaust system reduces back-pressure in the exhaust flow & this helps out with both performance & mileage. There is plenty of kits out there for just about any car. Most are simple bolt-on installations that any average Joe can do. They aren't priced badly neither. An air intake is also great. These help out by allowing more & soemtimes cooler air into the engine. Agains tons of brands for tons of vehicles avaliable at good prices. Superchargers & turbo chargers can actually help out fuel mileage. A lot of people doubt this, but allow me to explain. A supercharger only really kicks in when your hitting the throttle enough. Which normally won't happen on after-market kits unless stomping it or speeding. When it's not hiting boost it's basically working like a cold air intake, bringing more air into the engine. When it does hit boost it tells your car's computer to bring more fuel into the enigne, thus creating a loss in gas mileage. Again though it won't do that under normal circumstances on the streets. Headers along with high flow catalytic onverters can help you out also. They bring more exhaust out of the enigne & reduce the back pressure. Again though check local lawas on what you can put on your vehicle before doing so. Most air intakes & cat-backs are street legal in either 50 or 49 states, so you shouldn't have any problems.

team2jndd

I have the headers intake and catback on my prelude. Im getting almost 30 to a gallon. I was getting 13 with my old truck. Couldnt have picked a better time to crash it.

hardcrab67

Originally Posted by My Way
Just like the

[hr]
that make you skinny and the ones that give men a larger uuhhmm, eerrr, uhh, well you know! If they all worked the human race would be full of men who blow over in the wind, but would have built in anchors so as not to blow away.

The way he keeps posting that site, I believe he has stock in that product or something?

gen1dustin

Originally Posted by team2jndd
I have the headers intake and catback on my prelude. Im getting almost 30 to a gallon. I was getting 13 with my old truck. Couldnt have picked a better time to crash it.

Man I wish I was getting 30 mpg. I've got this puppy, it gets better than a lot od other full size pickups especially considering it has the Hemi which is the stock 3/4 Ram engine. I just wish I would have waited untill the 2006 model that have the MDS which cuts from 8 cylinders to 4 when not in need of all. I've got me a bed cover(biggg help), cat-back, & air intake. I'm getting me some headers sometimes soon.
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab Daytona Edition 2wd - Hemi

gen1dustin

Yeah I wen't to their site already not believing it. Then I see that they claim the same

[hr]
work on not only gasoline, but ethanol, & diesel or bio-diesel. Yeah OOOOKKKK
People don't get a lot of this is in their mind. Your going to be driving more steadilly, not accelerating hard, & not wasting gas if you put these

[hr]
in. It's the natural human mind that you can't exactly control. The same thing is why some people will get a cat-back exhaust system hoping it's going to save them gas. Well they actually ride the vehicle harder because they want to hear that new loud exhaust.

team2jndd

I dont see how a pill could possibly help with gas mileage. A consistent amount of gas needs to be fed to the engine based on how hard the engine is working. The only way to save gas would be to make the engine more efficient. I dont see how a pill could help with this.

gen1dustin

Originally Posted by team2jndd
I dont see how a pill could possibly help with gas mileage. A consistent amount of gas needs to be fed to the engine based on how hard the engine is working. The only way to save gas would be to make the engine more efficient. I dont see how a pill could help with this.
It couldn't trust me.