Saving a mandarin

halamaya

So I saw this poor Blue Mandarin in my LFS starving of course. I have a ton of copepods in my 10 gal, so I bought him. Now I'm trying to get him onto frozen foods or atleast Brine shrimp. Going to buy him a load of pods on Tuesday. he won't do well in my aggressive tank and I have a green Dragonet in my 55 gal reef tank already. Any hope for this guy? I can always just bring him back of course if my efforts fail. He seems fairly happy so far, but if I can't get him onto some other food in a couple weeks he's gotta go back for sure. Atleast he will have eatten well for a week.

luvmyreef

Yes, there is hope for the little guy. I rescued one a couple months ago that looked really bad at my local pet store. He is now fat and happy, but camera shy...haha.so I can't post a new pic of him. And even though I have lots of pods, he does go after brine shrimp that I feed my fish. It is a shame that they get these mandarins in and cant take care of them properly.. But Goodluck with yours!!!

E

eric b 125

there is no way there is enough LR in your 10 gallon to satisfy the needs of this fish (unless the tank is plumbed into a larger tank). i understand your intentions are good, but frozen food or not, mandarins need pods to survive.