scared cown!

j-j_02

i jus got a lil perc clown and hes been hiding for 2 days now. in the tank before him i got 3 damsles and one large hermit. my tank is a 55g with no live rock. is this normal? all help would be greatly appreciated. thanx

dawman

Depending on how you acclimated the fish it might take a while for the fish to feel comfortable .

cocoboy821

what type of damsels do you have? i had two before adding my first clown and they picked on him a bunch, so definitely watch to make sure thats not why he's hiding. i'm not sure that a clown would usually hide since mine have been outgoing, but it's always possible to have a shy one that'll just take more time to come out

o2ngk

Originally Posted by j-j_02
i jus got a lil perc clown and hes been hiding for 2 days now. in the tank before him i got 3 damsles and one large hermit. my tank is a 55g with no live rock. is this normal? all help would be greatly appreciated. thanx

I would watch the damsles .. especially during feeding time .. I use to have chromies and I saw the damsel bite the clown .. literaly like french kissing .. so I ended up getting rid of those damsles.
Good Luck