scared grouper

cdubbs

when the grouper i bought was in the store yestarday he was such a tough guy, eating everything in site and coming up to the glass and now he is soooo scared of me its crazy, he hides whenever i go near the tank...the guy in the store said it was gonna be hard feeding the puffer,shark, and eel with him in there but i just put food in and all he did was hide...im sure its just because he is getting use to the tank. He is an amazing color when he swims around and is calm and he gets a really dark blue with white spots when scared..i cant wait to get pics up..ill do it now..

cartman101

what grouper is he???? Did u research before buying? He is probably getting use to the tank dont sweat it

cdubbs

i cant remember the name of the grouper...he is a very light blue color, i have done research on groupers before so i dont think there is much difference in groupers but, im gonna get the correct name for it and do some more research. a pic is on the way any minute

cartman101

first of u should name him grumpy, looks grumpy LOL. Nice grouper, looks like a spotted grouper to me i could be wrong though

cdubbs

i believe he is a blue cod grouper..im going back to the store in a little while to find out...yes i have lost a smaller puffer to a powerhead before...really sux to wake up to that

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by CDubbs
i believe he is a blue cod grouper..im going back to the store in a little while to find out...yes i have lost a smaller puffer to a powerhead before...really sux to wake up to that
you are correct. He is a blue cod grouper. Just give him some time, he will be very active and territorial in no time.

cdubbs

i can already notice a major diff in his attitude today..he swims around even when im near the tank and he eats the silversides once i throw them in..he is doing good.,i love the coloring of him in the natural daylight