Scenario with ICK!!!

roggy23

OK I NEED ADVICE FOR MY PORKY PUFFER WITH ICH!
THIS IS MY SCENARIO!
first got the puffer and i put him in main tank.-- got ich
then started a QT from scratch, uncycled.
I TRANSFERED MY POWERHEAD FROM THE MAIN TANK TO MY QT?
(thinking under hypo for 3 weeks the ich would die off if IT transfered from the equipement).
had puffer live through cycle and was kept under hypo for 4 weeks at 1.009 for sure (refracto)
now i forget when but almost certain by 4th WEEK I ADDED A TINY PIECE OF LR FROM FISHLESS MAIN TANK THINKING IT WOULD SPEED UP NITRITE CYCLE. by 5th week raised SG back up and put him back in main tank. GOT ICH AGAIN!!
what do i do with my QT now.. it's cycled but still has that pump in it and the small piece of LR was chewed and crushed into even smaller pieces by the puffer and is laying at bottom of tank. is my QT also infested with ich?? if i tarnsfer my puffer back into QT and keep it under hypo for 6 weeks will I be ok? will the ich die off in the QT if its in there?

cinhark

I also have the problem with my porky hes been in qt for about 3 months, jsut cant seem to get rid of ick for good, so i finally tried copper treatment, ick is gone but it almost killed him, he just now started eating again, i did the copper about 2 weeks ago, I hope this time its gone for good. good luck with your porky