Schools out!..now what.

bill109

hello to all
so today was the last day of schol even though ut dont feel like it
we are trying to get away somewhere for summer. Florida it looks lilke. possibly the keyes
what are your thought and oppinios on good vacation spots in Florida.
im looking for a plcae tht is peacefula and quiet sorta. just wanna get away and relax.
-bill109

vpotts28

If you want quiet and peaceful, I vote Marco Island. The keys are a little crazy for me. Destin would be my second pick.

bill109

Originally Posted by Vpotts28
If you want quiet and peaceful, I vote Marco Island. The keys are a little crazy for me. Destin would be my second pick.
hmm..
where are the marcos islands?
we are going somewhere in the us becasue my dad dosent have his passport yet.
and btw. thank you to all who responded
-bill109

animalman

Today was also my last day of school, going to be a junior in high school next year. It really doesn't feel like summer yet though, this year went by really fast and it hasn't hit me yet that I am done with everything. I am so excited for summer though. Yay! :)

seasalt101

Originally Posted by bill109
hmm..
where are the marcos islands?
we are going somewhere in the us becasue my dad dosent have his passport yet.
and btw. thank you to all who responded
-bill109
i used to live on marco island it's on floridas west coast about 125-150 miles south of tampa it is right next to the everglades and for stuff to do besides the normal beach/resort stuff you can go airboating or canoeing go shopping in naples or go to the pier in naples, there is a dinner cruise at o sheas restaurant on a paddlewheel boat that goes around the island (at least it did when i worked there in the mid 80's) and prices should be good as it is off season good luck...tobin

bill109

Originally Posted by Animalman
Today was also my last day of school, going to be a junior in high school next year. It really doesn't feel like summer yet though, this year went by really fast and it hasn't hit me yet that I am done with everything. I am so excited for summer though. Yay! :)
me to..
next year is my junior year. it dosent feel like it at alll
Tobin: thanx for all the advice and whatnot. i am def. going to lok into that. so its a part of florida right? like islands of florida?
thank you all for the responses
-bil109

reef46

Sanabel Island is a good choice also. Right in the Ft. Myers/ Bonita Springs area. Plenty of things to do there.

vpotts28

Marco Island is located about 15 mins away from Naples, FL. This is a very quiet island, but beautiful. Don't expect go cart tracks, and all the touristy stuff. But as mentioned above there are great places to stay, good restaurants, dinner cruises, everglade tours, etc.

b0bby1

y go to florida or the islands now, wait till next winter. go to the beaches in RI or the Cape for now cus its hot up here in CT. but its cold in the winter here, so thats when u wanna go somewhere warm. but if you decide to go in the winter, i would go somewhere in the Caribbean. my recommendation is Windjammer Landing in St. Lucia. really really expensive and nice, all activities are free including snorkling. they dont have a hotel though, its just basically a mountain overlooking the ocean with a bunch of villas over looking it. everyone gets their own villa, about 2,500 sq. feet with swimming pool and jacuzzis. look it up online.
but if thats too expensive, i would recommend Caribe

[hr]
in San Juan, PR. cheap but pretty nice.

bill109

Originally Posted by b0bby1
y go to florida or the islands now, wait till next winter. go to the beaches in RI or the Cape for now cus its hot up here in CT. but its cold in the winter here, so thats when u wanna go somewhere warm. but if you decide to go in the winter, i would go somewhere in the Caribbean. my recommendation is Windjammer Landing in St. Lucia. really really expensive and nice, all activities are free including snorkling. they dont have a hotel though, its just basically a mountain overlooking the ocean with a bunch of villas over looking it. everyone gets their own villa, about 2,500 sq. feet with swimming pool and jacuzzis. look it up online.
but if thats too expensive, i would recommend Caribe

[hr]
in San Juan, PR. cheap but pretty nice.
thanx lol
but we re going to get away and my family and i love the winter lol
i rae sno-x and when we arent doing tht lol we are trail riding up in maine.
so we just need to get away this summer.
thanx ill look intothis place as well

b0bby1

o cool, ya i got a house up in northern vt for skiing in the winter. but we do get away once in the winter to somewhere warm. then in the summer we go somewhere out west, like this summer were goin to wyoming. but since you have to go to florida, i would definetly recommend sanibel island.

bill109

Originally Posted by b0bby1
o cool, ya i got a house up in northern vt for skiing in the winter. but we do get away once in the winter to somewhere warm. then in the summer we go somewhere out west, like this summer were goin to wyoming. but since you have to go to florida, i would definetly recommend sanibel island.
ok.
b0bby : so did u order any frags/corals from online the other day?
-bill109

vpotts28

Bill109, if you want another place to go, that isn't in Florida. I recommend

[hr]
Head, SC. Its an island about 10 mins from the GA line, very quiet and nice.

bill109

Originally Posted by Vpotts28
Bill109, if you want another place to go, that isn't in Florida. I recommend

[hr]
Head, SC. Its an island about 10 mins from the GA line, very quiet and nice.
i like the whole white sand and crystal clear blue water! wierd lol but is this place u are talking about like a tropical place such as florida?
i have NEVER been to florida..

bpaul1201

well when you are talking about florida you have to ask what do you want to do? the normal tourist stuff, relax/chill, explore the old style world, beaches, fishing? once you figure that out then i'd say go look for places! the keys are a lil over rated, tampa is close to orlando and most of the amusement parks but within a 1-2hr ride to naples/ft mayers area! and great fishing to! on the east coast st augustine has all the old stuff like the fort old downtown and lots of fun lil things to do ( like lil shops, beaches you can drive on!!!, hot spring breakers!, and places to relax)plus its good with fishing to cuz your on the atlantic! only 30min away from jacksonville and all the fun stuff up there!
daytona has the track ( pepsi 400 in july!!) plus one of the best hooters for the sightseers out there! and its only 1hr away from orlando! south florida ( anything south of palm beach) is pretty much a mixture of cultures, lots of things to do, but mainly you either party all nite, fish, play golf, or get a tan on the beach! miami is like another country very fun lots of things to due, plus a few topless beaches!! not to mention miami ink! some of the most beautiful women in the world on south beach! fishing!( if you havent noticed anywhere in florida you have some type of fishing or other water activities!)
its just main what do you and the family want to due! if you have any questions you can email me at bpaul1201@gmail.com im a born and raised floridian and i have lived all over the state!

vpotts28

Originally Posted by bill109
i like the whole white sand and crystal clear blue water! wierd lol but is this place u are talking about like a tropical place such as florida?
i have NEVER been to florida..
Well if you have never been to Florida, you have to go.

[hr]
Head is tropical in the Summer, not like Florida though. I had never been to Florida before I was 18. Since then I go about three times a year, all over. There is alot to do there. Disney, Everglades, Nasa, Beaches, etc. etc. Very hot in the summer though.