scooter blenny and madarin

jimc58

I've got one of each of those, and a lawnmower blenny, all in a 75 gallon tank and there has never been any problems. The scooter blenny is the only male, though.

clarkiiboi

JIMC I am wanting to add a lawnmower blenny to my tank. I know how to tell the diff. btwn the scotters (as in m or f), how do you tell the diff. in the lawnmowers (if you know). My lfs dont carry them so I never seen one, but they will order one for me. My scotter is a male so do you say a female lawnmower would be the best?
(by what you got I bet yes) Thanks ;)

fshhub

DONT WORRY ABOUT THE --- OF YOUR LAWNMOWER AND YOUR SCOOTER MIXING, THE ONLY TIME YOUHAVE TO WORRY WITH ANY OF THE 3, IS IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE OF THE SPECIES, YOU DO NOT WANT 2 MALES OF THE SAME SPECIES
oops, sorry about the caps
with a lawnmower and a scooter 2 males will not be a problem, IMEO

jimc58

The male lawnmower blenny has a much larger front fin (sorry, I can't think of the correct name, maybe dorsal?). You need to watch them awhile to see them raise that fin, but once you do you should be able to tell if it is a male. Again, the fin is a lot bigger for the male.

jakob4001

I have seen a blenny go at it w/ a goby before; there was not an issue of space or places to stake out...they just plain did not like each other to a point 1 almost killed the other...it will be one of those they iether will get along or they won't; I am not sure if gender was a reason or not though as I did not know how to --- iether

clarkiiboi

Thanks all, so it doesnt matter what I get for a lawnmower blenny with my male scooter---whew thats a load of of me (waiting to see the fins may have took awhile at the lfs). And yes I learned the HARD way the two male scooters dont co-exist....still have the first one and number 2 is just MIA, I think scooter #1 got the best of scooter #2 and then the anemone had a snack.
Thanks all ;)