Score - Thank you *****

maxalmon

I normally never purchase any livestock from *****, but yesterday I was wasting time and noticed this awesome, HUGE hippo tang. Asked the guy how much, he said that he didn't know and that I would have to comeback latter (figures) So came back and still no price. Went back over today and asked about the price and was told,. "Duh, I have no idear" So I asked him to check with his manager and that this was my 3rd trip in 2days.... So he comes back and says $29.00, I about fell over. I'm a pretty fair guy and I told him that the price was wrong and that it was way, way low and that I wanted to be fair, so he goes back to his manager and the manager comes out and thanks me for being honest and then tells me because I had come back 3 times and was being honest that he was going to drop the price to $19.00. I was shocked and figured I'd better take the deal, so at the register the lady ask me if I have a PALS card, so I whiped it out and it gave me another $10.00 off, so I ended up paying $9.00 for 6" Blue Tang thats appears to be in perfect health....Too bad they don't any microumussas LOL...

rabbit_72

You lucky dog!

Just hope you didn't put any of their water in your tank...they have icky water at the store near us.
Way to go on finding not just a deal, but a steal!

Don't they usually go at least $50 or more fot that size?

maxalmon

Las Vegas has the WORST stores, it's pathetic we don't have single good reef store, so around here you pay $39-$49 for a 2" hippo. I've seen this size one priced at $125+ at several of the local stores

m0nk

All I can say is WOAH! Oh, and WOAH again! Congrats, she's beautiful, I can't wait to hear the progress, so keep posting.

m0nk

Originally Posted by maxalmon
In the 20years I've been keep saltwater, hippos have and always will be my #1 fish.....
Right on, I can't wait to make enough money to put together a tank to keep one; biggest thing I've got now is a 55g. Maybe I'll win the lottery...

maxalmon

I should add that this is very repsonsible *****, they actually have some corals and anemones that stay alive....I almost purchased a seabae anemone that they have had for about 2 weeks, it looks healthy with color tips...

polysiman

Las Vegas has the WORST stores, it's pathetic we don't have single good reef store, so around here you pay $39-$49 for a 2" hippo. I've seen this size one priced at $125+ at several of the local stores
I can agree with that! Which ***** did you go to? They just opened one on Blue Diamond, but I haven't noticed anything worth buying. I need to find a good LFS here! any suggestions?

maelv

Originally Posted by rabbit_72
You lucky dog!

Just hope you didn't put any of their water in your tank...they have icky water at the store near us.
Way to go on finding not just a deal, but a steal!

Don't they usually go at least $50 or more fot that size?
Here at KC, they are going for about 90 for that size...what a steal maxlmon....Hell, in this hobby, any fish for $9 is a great price....
...with the exception of the devils spawn....DAMSELS!!!!!!!!!

maxalmon

Originally Posted by polysiman
I can agree with that! Which ***** did you go to? They just opened one on Blue Diamond, but I haven't noticed anything worth buying. I need to find a good LFS here! any suggestions?
It's the ***** 95@Ann next to HomeDepot....Green Valley Aquariums is going ALL SALT and getting rid of the freshwater, they are the best of what Las Vegas has to offer, but hardly no corals....

babyb

hahaha thats nothing, out here i have seen small hippos gor for $60-$80, i asked why they were so high and the guy was like "dude its a dory"

mike22cha

Maxalom, nice buy. I hope it lives a healthy life for ya.
BabyB, which store was that at? That is halarious! I could see that at Aquarium Concepts because the guys who work there don't look like their into the aquiarum trade.

babyb

i think it was at ***** up on nw expressway, they guy there is a few marbles short to put it nicely

azfishgal

Well, I just bought my 2.5" hippo for $50.
So ya, I'd say you're pretty lucky. However, I would have put this fish in QT/Hypo for 4 weeks for the simple fact that it came from *****, and second they are very prone to getting ich. Maybe you'll get lucky a second time around.

My two perc clowns came from ***** and I've had them for 5 months now. They are doing great. They did come down with ich 2 1/2 weeks after I purchased them though. Luckily they were in QT at the time.)

maxalmon

The bag was just floating in DT till I could re-arrange the QT which is totally full of chaeto....Trust me, nothing goes in the SPS tank with being qted

bbailey231

I just priced one of those at my ***** last night $39 for a one inch one! What a great deal you got.
I love my *****, they "give" me stuff all the time. The other day the manager gave me a frog spawn b/c it was small and he didn't know what to sell it to me for so he gave it to me for free.
They have given me frags of 3 different corals for FREE b/c I "appear" to spend a lot there. Actually, I go there to look at the different fish to see what I like, but not to buy, but hey if they are "giving" it away I'm taking it! I did buy two things b/c I couldn't pass it up ... a beautiful long tenacle anemone for $6.49 (the price of a condi b/c they couldn't find the price
) and a mushroom coral with at least 12 mushrooms on it ranging from 2 - 4 inches in size for $22 and it came with a bristle star hitchhiker and at least one peanut worm, not to mention the huge piece of lr they were attached to. AND this ***** actually keeps their stuff up as the aquatic manager is a hobbist too so that is a plus!