Scorpion Tank update...

aquaguy24

well tank is about 4 months now...all fishes doing well..all eating frozen foods...still have to direct feed the leaf fish cuz the lion will just eat all the food if its floating around...i was suppose to buy a light for this tank but been busy buying corals for my 90g reef..

R

rcreations

Nice fish!
Just curious, do the leaf fish always stay on the bottom or do they swim like the fuzzy dwarf?

aquaguy24

Originally Posted by RCreations
http:///forum/post/3099297
Nice fish!
Just curious, do the leaf fish always stay on the bottom or do they swim like the fuzzy dwarf?
Thank u, they are usually on the bottom and sometimes perched on the rocks. Not a swimmer like the fuzzy. The fuzzy is very active especially if she sees me in the room.

cranberry

The leafs look ridiculous trying to swim. I'm guessing they don't have swim bladders although I've never actually looked into it. But they *pump* *pump* *pump* their fins so hard to propel themselves upward and then fall like a ton of bricks when they stop.

aquaguy24

Dorsal spines up, head down means back-off! LOL. I enjoy watching these guys "hop" around. Sometimes they have little fights but nothin serious.

teds tank

They are venomous, not poisonous. But it's their dorsal.
thats what i thought and ty for the corecting me
aquaguy24 your leaf fish look much better than the picture on the site

S

shrimpy brains

Very nice!!
Was wondering, I know leaf fish range in color, does that mean you buy a yellow or red and it stays that way? Or you may buy a yellow and it change to red(like in seahorses)????

cranberry

They change colors for sure.... but I have only seen them go from bright colors to a whitish or yellow color.

S

shrimpy brains

That's what I figured! Too bad, would be nice to have one red and one yellow! Still it's an awesome fish no matter the color!!

aquaguy24

Yeah mine started out red but turnd to this yellowish color u see now. I haves pic of them when still red just have to look for it.

nw2salt08

Your fish are really beautiful. JC, I haven't really been following this thread, what size tank is that?