Screw in PC bulbs

dbennett78

Are the screw in power compact bulbs that you buy for your home the wrong spectrum? Also where can I find actinic screw in power compact bulbs that don't cost an arm and a leg?

aarone

I know for sure you can get some screw ins in the 6500k area just search around online

tanis97

there are screw in bulbs that is 6500K/6700K with 20/25/27 walts. i have used it before, not worth the trouble. it cost about $10 each

ptpuffers

I have a 20 watt 50-50 screw in power compact over my 5 gallon. I picked it up at the lfs. it works and looks great.

debbie

Hi, i got the 20 watt 50/50 coralife screw in PC for my 10 gal. It makes a huge difference in the appreance of the tank. Regular PC have that yellow hue but the 50/50 sure gives off a nice color. The price yikes :eek: I payed 27.99 Canadian each for them. They are alot cheaper at other places I am sure but here I did not have much choice. By the time I order them and pay shipping it works out to the same price. Have to find a good place here in Canada that is cheap to order from.
I also had a huge out break of cyanobacteria from the regular screw in flourescent bulbs i had in at first. Never had any problems since I changed to the right lighting.
This is what worked for me, good luck :cheer: