Sea Bay Anemone

jasonj

Has anyone had any experience with this type of anemone?
It was recommended to me by my lfs.
Is it as resilient as a long tentacle?
Will percula take to this anemone?
Thanks.

the rock

the rock says....
anemones are tough in general if you don't have the proper environment. sebae is no less hardy than the rest and will do just fine, if you have the right environment, which means perfect water conditions, a place for it to hide its foot, and strong lighting.

jasonj

Originally posted by Reef Ranger:
sebae anemonie: not hardy, short lived lifes in aquariums. They need ample light, and pristine conditions to thrive. Probably one of the monst difficult to keep. I have yet to see one in the stores alive for more than a week. fact is I bought one from this site, and it is healthy as a horse. The percula clown should love the anemone. If you have lighting of 3-4 watts per gallon, it should be fine.
Good Luck!

I'm a little confused now. You originally said it wasn't a good choice, but then went on to say you bought and it worked out great. Do you know of one that might be better? I've got two flourescent light on my 30 gallon. I'm not sure what the wattage is. I'm guessing it must be 3 to 4 per gallon.
Thanks.

the rock

the rock says....
keeping an anemone in a small tank may be quite a feat. your water conditions will need to be stable and excellent and that's tough to do in a small tank.

krazzydart

make sure the lighting is right...Atenic bulbs and such...clean water and also the clowns actually help out the thing by feeding it and keeping it clean.