sea clone model number

donm

I would like to purchase a Sea Clone Skimmer,
but my aquarium supply guy needs a model number off the newer model. Can someone please post it for me so I can order it.
Thank you all for your posts when I was deciding which skimmer to purchase. It was a really big help.
Thanks again...
Murphy

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Why don't you check out the manufacture's webpage at Aquarium Systems to see if you can get the info you need. I'm sure they have an email where you can contact them.
However, before doing that...can I talk you out of purchasing the Seaclone?? Speaking from personal exp and from knowing about eh negetive exp of many hobbyist, the Seaclone is a very troublesome skimmer, and, for many, it just does not work...AT ALL. If you notice on the link I gave you, Aquarium Systems actually has a Seaclone Troubleshooting section deadicated to problem solving for this particular equiptment. Now how many manufactures find it necessary to have a whole section dedicated to addressing problems with their equiptment?? Additionally, there are many online sites where fellow hobbyists and diyers have tinkered with the Seaclone, making various modifications, etc., trying to get it to work effectively.
Now, I don't know if their "new" model has resolved any of the issues, but, why buy a skimmer that already has a bad rap in the hobby.
I'm going to move your thread over the Equiptment Forum, where I think you will get some more input from the Equiptment gurus over there. Additionally, if you will use our Search feature on this BB, and type in Seaclone or Seaclone modifications, I believe you will receive a wealth of information about the skimmmer itself.
Good Luck!