Sea Clone Skimmer Users

imo

Have any of you have problems with the skimmer kicking out a ton of micro bubbles into your tank? If so, do you know how to stop it. I have tried adjusting the air flow but have been unable to stop the bubbles unless I turn the air completely off. I know Sea Clone skimmers are not the best, but I can't afford a better unit. Can anyone give me some advise on how to fix this?

kpogue

They do cut down on the bubble output over time but they are still there. I take a filter sponge insert from an Aquaclear filter and cut it down to fit the output "spout" on the skimmer. It seems to work quite well. Remember to clean the sponge every few weeks.

imo

Thanks a lot for the info. I will give it a try. Seems like a pretty logical solution.

gq

I own a proclone skimmer and to be honest with you they aren't really all that good at all. They work when they want too. I use mine for water circulation, and have just been looking for a better skimmer

T

toungetwster

I use a seaclone 100...with a 1200 powerhead....works fine...after a few days of playing with the air adjustment..kept it almost closed just enough to get a decent tornado going...it put out a lot of microbubbles at first but as it went on...the bubbles stopped...then i opened the air adjustment all the way...(took off the adjustment screw). It works fine...still will kick up a few bubbles after a feeding...but then they stop after an hour maybe less. HTH.