Seabae Anemone

sirgunther

Is it normal for a Seabae to stick itself to the back glass and avoid teh light? I've had him about three days and he is looking great, open fully.. well over 3/4 of the tentacles are filled and blowing in the wind.. great color and a solid looking base..
Ammo~ 0
Nitrites~ 0
Nitrates~ <10
It's not a lighting issue, as he is moving to a darker part of the tank.. and i dont have metal halide so it cant be too bright...
I'm confused... I also have a condy that is living in the deepest darkest part of the tank... I moved them both up front 2 days ago, and this morning they were both back to the rear of the glass behind my rockwork..

T

thomas712

Is the foot actuall stuck to the glass? What substrate do you have?
Give it some time for the sebae to get used to your tank. After a couple of weeks you might try changing your water current around, this might make him move to find a better spot. At this point he may still be just saving energy for another move.
Its not wise to keep moving an anemone, let him alone to do it itself.
Thomas

sirgunther

Originally posted by Thomas712
Is the foot actuall stuck to the glass? What substrate do you have?
Give it some time for the sebae to get used to your tank. After a couple of weeks you might try changing your water current around, this might make him move to find a better spot. At this point he may still be just saving energy for another move.
Its not wise to keep moving an anemone, let him alone to do it itself.
Thomas

Yea, his foot is stuck to the glass.. its the damnest thing ive ever seen.. i thought he would love the light, neg.. hes running away from it.. lol..
Oh well, i'll leave him alone and give him some time.. thanx for teh reply :)

reefeel

Yea, his foot is stuck to the glass.. its the damnest thing ive ever seen.. i thought he would love the light, neg.. hes running away from it.. lol..
That may be a bad sign-bleched sebaes are known to hide from light to regrow their algae. Is it a tan color or white? He may also be experiencing shock from the light if it is brighter then where you got it. My sebae used to do that but he has moved back out and has regrown its algae and is doing great, although my clowns ignore him.

sirgunther

It was advertised as a white sebae. It actually has a greenish tinti to it with purply-bluish tipped tenticles.. I hope he gets better if he is bleached.. I dont have a camera anymore so i cant get a pic of it..

reefeel

From what I have read there are no white sebaes but he might live if you feed him shirmp every couple of days.