Seaclone Owners Help

stumpdog

On the inside of my skimmer are several small white things that are hard. Is there any way I can take the unit apart to clean inside the chamber? Do I even need to worry about it?
Thanks-
Jeremy

armageddon

I can't tell you what those white things are, but if you pull the collection cup off you can gain access to the main chamber. Thought i'd try to help since no one has.

stumpdog

Thanks, I just can't seem to get far enough into the chamber. These white things are at the very bottom as well. I have tried a cleaning brush but it isn't long enough either. Oh well. I don't think they will be a problem. It has been out of water for a couple of weeks. Any bad stuff on there would have died out by now.
Thanks again-
Jeremy

mkengr45

I have a SeaClone skimmer and have the same thing. They are small feather dusters. Look closely with some light and you should see their fan thing. I have them all over the glass in my sump and tank, and on the rocks.
Randy

murray bmf

I have a sea clone and you guessed it, same problem. There is an o-ring at the top under the collection cup. Then the inside chamber pulls out. After that, find someone with small hands or use a long stiff brush. My wife has vwery small hands and is able to clean the inside (my excuse for not doing it). I don't think the white things hurt the performance of the skimmer. Hope it helps.
JLM

Don't be too concerned about those little white things, they'll have little or no effect on the skimmers ability. If you really must get rid of them though, you can soak the skimmer in vinegar and then rinse, rinse, rinse! In my opinion though, I wouldn't worry about it. If anything it would probably be worse to have the skimmer off the tank for that long. Hope that helps.
Myk.