seaclone skimmer

hi1369

I have just recently recieved the seaclone skimmer about 5 days ago and im not sure how it should look to no if its operating right.i no it may take a while for it to break in.how open should my air valve be and whats the inside of the skimmer supposed to look like.also, should it be making micro bubbles coming out of it.i dont no maybe im just to paranoid but i want it to work correctly.

stanlalee

mine took about 3 or 4 days to start working initially. Works best, produces the least amount of micro bubbles and is most noisy when the air valve is all the way open. The valve should just barely be threaded in so it doesn't fall out. this and everything else applies to in sump and hang on, I've used it both ways. Once broken in and set accordingly micro bubbles should subside. every time you do a water change or disrupt the water significantly micro bubbles will return periodically (from a few hours to a day).
the bottom part that has the short venturi tube should have a fine tornado swirl of bubbles only inside the short inner tube
. If it hasn't settled/broken in or the water has been changed ect there will be bubbles all over so that you cant see the venturi swirl. If you cant see it just leave it alone until it happens. pic not that good since its in sump/under water.

above the short inner tube the bubbles flare out and should be everywhere. Body should be full of bubbles. note the valve is nearly all the way open.

when 1rst set up before it produces any foam in the cup the bubble/waterline will probably stop somewhere in there. Just leave it be. sooner or later it will start foaming.

and as of the time I took the pics (which was just now)

and here its crankin about as good as a seaclone is going to crank. Mine definately works better with age. It didn't use to do foam/produce like this but now its pretty common.

slugg3r

Stanlalee if you happen to read this how deeply submerged do you have the seaclone in your sump. I'm trying to find the best depth to make it work well.
Thanks