SeaClone Skimmer?

oneradtek

So i need a decent skimmer and i want to stay uner a hundred bucks or more if i can, i woont have a huge bioload so im not gonna be picky but i saw a seaclone skimmer out ther and wondered what people thought about them....ill be putting it on my 55 gallon

cpbirds407

A lot of people might not agree with me but I say .... I LOVE SEACLONE!!!!
I never have problems with them and I will always use them! I have used way more expensive skimmers and I have to say that seclone has definatelly done the trick and it's easy to use! I would say user friendly.
Hope this helps.

cpbirds407

A lot of people might not agree with me but I say .... I LOVE SEACLONE!!!!
I never have problems with them and I will always use them! I have used way more expensive skimmers and I have to say that seclone has definatelly done the trick and it's easy to use! I would say user friendly.
Hope this helps.

J

jrthomas40

seaclones start out good but as time passes quit skimming properly...i have also run my tank skimmerless for a few weeks and been able to tell no difference

jmick

SeaClone is not a very good skimmer and would not be my first choice. If I were you, I'd look on Craigslist for a used skimmer (thinking Aqua-c) or on E-B...

dawman

I have several Seaclone skimmers and have had them for 6+ years and they work great with no problems at all . As for them to quit skimming is B.S. With proper maintainance it works great .
jrthomas40 , in your opinion how is it they stop skimming ? If the pump still works , you clean it once and a while , it will work properly .
Also , this " Seaclone is crap thing " is a very common opinion on this site and this site only . Sure a lot of it is from word of mouth and not experience .

nietzsche

Originally Posted by Jmick
SeaClone is not a very good skimmer and would not be my first choice. If I were you, I'd look on Craigslist for a used skimmer (thinking Aqua-c) or on E-B...
i would agree and just save for something better

oneradtek

well im also limited by space so i need something to be able to fit and i dont want to spend over a hundred for a remora and everything else people say is just crap.......ill probably end up just getting one because it will get the job done

donald

I have a sea clone and have run it for years, it works for me. You do have to do regular cleaning to help it run at its peak, but for the money you can't beat it.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by oneradtek
So i need a decent skimmer and i want to stay uner a hundred bucks or more if i can, i woont have a huge bioload so im not gonna be picky but i saw a seaclone skimmer out ther and wondered what people thought about them....ill be putting it on my 55 gallon
A SeaClone might not be my 1st choice, but has been around awhile with a lot of happy users.There's nothing wrong with trying to stay within your budget. There is a major online retailer (PM me if you want the name) who has this skimmer on sale ($68 & $80) and offers an iron clad money back guarantee. Try it; if you don't like it, return it.

petjunkie

I had a seaclone and it worked like crap, if you want one that badly other forums are giving them away because nobody wants to pay for junk, a remora would be an improvement but honestly no hangon skimmer is great, I hear coralife superskimmers work decent also.

J

jrthomas40

it went from pulling a lot of stuff out then a few months later nothing and it would be full blast..i went from emptying it every other day or so to emptying once every 2 weeks maybe

J

jrthomas40

Originally Posted by petjunkie
I had a seaclone and it worked like crap, if you want one that badly other forums are giving them away because nobody wants to pay for junk, a remora would be an improvement but honestly no hangon skimmer is great, I hear coralife superskimmers work decent also.
i am using coalife now and it is ok but really hard to fine tune to get a good skim

dawman

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
it went from pulling a lot of stuff out then a few months later nothing and it would be full blast..i went from emptying it every other day or so to emptying once every 2 weeks maybe

This is a very common thing why people say they are junk . One , you need to clean it once and a while . And second the load on the system depends on how much you get in the collection cup . Naturally at first it is going to suck all the crap out fast for the first few weeks and then ease off as there isn`t as much to skim out .Same thing happens with my Oceanic skimmers also .You shouldn`t have to keep adjusting the skimmers . On my Coralife skimmers I set the level I like and have never touched them .

Been running Sea Clone in an SPS dominated reef for years now. Keep it clean and calibrated and you'll enjoy a full cup of skimmate every 3 days

jmick

I can run my Aqua-C for months and months without ever having to adjust it, clean or maintain it...all I have to do is clean out the collection cup every 4 days or soo. Actually, I haven't had to adjust in well over a year because it is a qaulity product that doesn't need to be tuned in to work.
If you have to mod a skimmer, constantly maintain and tune it in to work properly it most likely isn't a good choice. There is a reason why soooo many people have a such a poor opinion towards the Seaclone skimmer and in many cases this poor view is totally justified. If you want additional info look up skimmers on wetwebmedia dot com.

flricordia

I think the Seaclone is a great skimmer. It will work fine for a couple months and then after you get tired of messing around trying to get it to work consistantly it can easily be converted into a phosban reactor. Then you can finally get a decient skimmer and have a phosban reactor also. I have a Seaclon 100 phosban reactor and a 150 on the shelf not being used if you want to bypass the purchase of a new overpriced Seaclone phosban reactor and use your money for a decient skimmer instead.

jmick

Originally Posted by cpbirds407
Like I said, I love my seaclone!!! don't care what anybody says~!~!!! LOL
Have you ever had a different skimmer and if so what?

dawman

Originally Posted by cpbirds407
Like I said, I love my seaclone!!! don't care what anybody says~!~!!! LOL
+1