Seaclone Skimmers

mgalyk

Just wanted to get some opinions on Seclone skimmers. I have one and it does not seem to produce very much skimate or what ever it is called

krunk

seaclones are hit or miss, then can be alright too some tanks, and horrible too other tanks.

jonthefb

i agree everyone seems to be on the fence about this little product... i have a friend that i work with that loves it but i hear of other who curse it.....like every other aspect of this hobby i suppose!
good luck
jon

marvida

I have a Seaclone 100. It used to be on a 29 gal. I liked it. I don't know how it would work on a larger tank. Adjust it so the little "tornado" is well defined & it should do OK. It took a few days to settle in before it produced nice dark gunk (technical term). It did take some ongoing adjustment.

pufferfan

i kept two SeaClone 100s in the past, and i liked both very much. They did a good job of cleaning out the water. I had to empty them almost daily they were taking out so much junk.

nas19320

Mine is very touchy but it usually produces a fair amount of skimate. When I get enough money to buy a new skimmer its gone.

harrysreef

I got a say I agree with krUnk they seem to hit or miss but when they hit they always seem to take a week or so to get into producing scum.

wrassecal

I'd say get your venturi going well and it might spit microbubbles til it breaks in (about a week) and then you should start getting quite a bit of skimate in it. That's how mine was anyway.

entice59

i like mines, its doing a better job then my prizm is. Only thing i hate, the airline always has salt crystals which clog the airline tube