Seahorse Full Tank Shots! Post 'Em!

novahobbies

It's been a while since we've had people post pics of their horses..... so let's see them! If you have any full tank shots, let's see those tanks! Big horses, dwarf horses, come one, come all!

carrieabn

Beautiful tank novahobbies. I am still undecided on what to put in my 37 that is identical to yours and seeing yours just mades me want horses more!!

sueandherzoo

Yes - exactly what I need to get the creative juices flowing! (thanks for doing this, Rick).
Wow, that's exactly the type of look I want: light and airy and colorful. Reef tanks are gorgeous with their heavy rockwork but for the horses I wanted something more "airy" and flowing. Awesome tanks - hope to see lots more!
Sue

sueandherzoo

Wow, beautiful tank Cranberry - lotsa tonga branches but I can't figure out how you got that piece to stand so upright. I've been fighting with two pieces for the past hour and they are all so "top heavy" that they're driving me nuts. I'm going to give in and lie them down or prop them up on smaller rocks -- the Vertical approach ain't working in this instance.
OK guys - that's the look I want, little less rock than reef tanks and a LOT more plants. Beautiful - thank you!
Sue

maxalmon

I would use marine epoxy to connect the tonga branchs, or you could use pond foam as well....All the tanks look awesome
I'm going to be building a seahorse tank in the next week and I'll post some shots of how I'm going to build my tonga branch playground

novahobbies

Cranberry and Dingus -- both outstanding tanks. I'm particulary jealous of dingus' ability to keep those faux corals so...CLEAN! Do you wash them or something? I have to take that plant of mine in the back out every month or so to clean it, but even still it never looks quite like that! And Cranberry, I have 2 questions: one, what size tank is that, cause it's a very cool design, and two, what kind of macroalgae is that? Is it a fast grower? I would love to find some just like that, and I'm sure my horses would too! All I have in my tank is a little chaeto and caulerpa. I actually really wish I could find a large macroalgae to replace the fake plant.
Hey......where's Rykna's pony tanks?
We need to see those too!!

cranberry

Originally Posted by SueAndHerZoo
http:///forum/post/2803320
Wow, beautiful tank Cranberry - lotsa tonga branches but I can't figure out how you got that piece to stand so upright.
This is a different rock structure, but you can see how I secured it to an acrylic sheet which then in turn is buried under the sand. The weight of the stand makes it very secure.

Originally Posted by novahobbies

http:///forum/post/2803352
And Cranberry, I have 2 questions: one, what size tank is that, cause it's a very cool design, and two, what kind of macroalgae is that? Is it a fast grower? I would love to find some just like that, and I'm sure my horses would too! All I have in my tank is a little chaeto and caulerpa. I actually really wish I could find a large macroalgae to replace the fake plant.
The stuff you see creeping up around the back is C. racemosa. I can tell you where to get some. I'm not able to share because of my location.
It's a 50g pentagon that we made reef ready by installing a back wall.
Thanks for the *thumbs up* everyone.

dingus890

Originally Posted by novahobbies
http:///forum/post/2803352
Cranberry and Dingus -- both outstanding tanks. I'm particulary jealous of dingus' ability to keep those faux corals so...CLEAN! Do you wash them or something?
Thanks.
I actually haven't washed them.I did siphon the table coral the other day during the water change since alot of food gets stuck in there(Which the seahorse enjoys)
I am having trouble now with the long foxtail plants getting the fun
brown/purple algae that occurs in newer tanks.Only a matter of time till that goes away.It's funny some of the decorations are starting to grow pink coralline algae...lol..good stuff but doesn't look to natural growing on fake coral...lol
But I am not sure,maybe the snails help keep them clean.I was wondering why they were so clean also...HAHA

I also added another small piece of LR from my coral tank since this pic was taken with about 6 small colorful mushrooms on it I have been raising.
Awesome tanks everyone!
Rykna love the ponies

sueandherzoo

What a great idea - attaching the rock to acrylic before putting it into the tank!!!! Wow - you guys are so creative -- there is so much to learn from you pro's!
Sue