Seahorse ID ???

kjord97

Can anyone please tell me what kind of seahorse this? I have been in hobby for 5 years now and the wife has been begging for her own seahorse tank. The nano has been up and running for 1 year now and only has ever had 1 fish in it. It is a pajamai Cardinal that is tiny. The tank is loaded with zoas, mushrooms, and colt leathers. I even have a red chili coral growing great in a cave. Well I came across some Black small seahorses at my LFS. I bought 2 of them, aclimated them for a long time and put them in tank. I have been feeding them frozen Mysis shrimp which they are loving. My wife says they are pigs. The 2 of them can just about eat a whole cube. Here is some pics, I am looking for the name of them. I also want to know why they are turning colors on me? They started all black on day 1 and now they are turning a yellowish. Please let me know if you cant see pics.

teresaq

I'm not very good at ids, but they are changing colors to match thier environment. All horses will change colors.
I need to ask, what size tank are these in. These are juvinile horses, and will grow to be 5 to 7 inch tall. They need a tank that is 3x thier adult length. Be prepared to upgrade them as they grow into adulthood.
Nice babies

kjord97

Sorry I did not repsond faster, I did not notice you asked questions.
The 2x horses are in a 28 gal nano tank. I have a 58 gal reef tank, 75 gal reef tank, 150 gal reef tank and this nano for the wife. There is no problems if I have to up grade the tank.
The only Problem I am having right now in the nano is the overflow part in the back of the tank. I use the nano skimmer and it draws more flow, so the horses get stuck on it if they get to close. I have taken off the skimmer to decrease the water flow near the overflow. It appears to be working better.

kjord97

Here is a pic of the system about 4 months ago. Everything is just grown larger now. I also removed the 2 bubbltip anenomes from the system. Every thing in the tank now is non stinging.

ci11337

i can't tell from the pic but the best way to tell kelloggi from kuda is kelloggi have swept back spines on their cheeks. If no cheek spines it's probably kuda.