seahorse

sweetdawn

in a thirty gallon tank how many seahorses can i keep. i have one pink skunk clownfish and one cardinal fish and inverts.lots of inverts.

clown123

well if its alot of anenomes then like 2 or bc there weak swimmers and cant be kept in the current that is too fast.

corally

Originally Posted by clown123
well if its alot of anenomes then like 2 or bc there weak swimmers and cant be kept in the current that is too fast.
plus I think anemones will sting them.
sweetdawn, check out seahorse....org

walleye

sea horses should be keep by themself because they are slow moving and slow eaters. i have had them for 3 years now. mine are wild ones and they are harder to keep then tank raised ones. i have hermit crabs in with mine and thats all but there food.

aredmon

Don't put seahorse in with anemones because a seahorse is very curious and sensitive. The sting of the amemone would almost definitly kill a seahorse.

walleye

yes i wouldnt put sea horses with anything but sea horses and small hermit crabs. the only other thing i got in mine is the salt water shrimp for food.

darth tang

Originally Posted by walleye
sea horses should be keep by themself because they are slow moving and slow eaters. i have had them for 3 years now. mine are wild ones and they are harder to keep then tank raised ones. i have hermit crabs in with mine and thats all but there food.

I disagree. Each species is different just like fish. A blanket statement like that is just like saying fish should be kept only with fish because some eat corals and inverts. Not all are that way. It is the same for seahorses.

walleye

the only fish i would have with them are the pipefish or a sea moth. they are the same because they are slow eaters and slow moving.

aredmon

Seahorse can be kept with other fish. Seahorse.org has a great list of "sugested" fish that make good tank mates.