sealing a leak HELP!!!

krazykarel

So I set up my tank, checked it for leaks prior, and now that I set it up to the pump, have sand, and live rock...IT'S FREAKING LEAKING! It's leaking at bulkheads that take water from tank to sump and back into the tank.
Can someone suggest the best way to handle this? Is there a way to tighten the bulkheads? Seal them to the acrylic? Thanks!

there should be a rubber seal between the glass and the bulk head? That should prevent any leaks? did u try to tighten it? there is a aquarium safe grease you can get that helps seal it better but i forgot what its called.

oh u asked is there a way to tighten it. Yes on the bulk head where the treads are, there is a hex nut. I can see it in the picture. Its whats touching the acrylic just get some pliers or crescent wrench and just tighten it.

krazykarel

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the bulkhead twists all together so I can't tighten it from the bottom (the threads are moving with the hex nut).
When I grab the bulkhead I can move it around slightly. Shouldn't it be static? I don't think I am doing a good job in explaining it (I've been up for almost 24 hrs). If you can understand my explanation and have more suggestions please post back!
Thanks!

deejeff442

i see your pipe goes on the inside of the threaded part of the bulkhead.
get two cresant wrenches on there it doesnt matter if you mess up the threads .