Sealing A Tank?

gregzbobo

galls tank or acrylic. If glass, I would suggest using silicone specifically branded for use in aquariums, many other sorts contain fungicides or bacteriacides in them, bad bad for reef critters. The aquarium specific stuff costs more, but worth it when you weigh its cost against the cost of the life you want to keep in your tank and the time spent nurturing it. I have no experience in sealing acrylic, generally these are permanently bonded together at the seams.

rsd

I can't agree more about the silicone made for aquariums... you'll hear some people tout about GE but I really think if you go that rout you are skimping money in an undesireable area and are heading for a heartbreak. Use Aq. silicone for glass because they won't change the formula... other "caulking" can change the formula they use at any time without notifying anyone... including adding anti-bacterial agents...
As for acrylic check with a local plastics supplier and ask about glue/epoxy that is safe for food grade products. If the FDA says it's okay to eat off after it cures it is usually okay for the tank. I bought some for my sump... again, not cheap but worth it. I'm out now or I'd give you the name.
Good luck.