searched everywhere, cant find anything like it... friend or foe?

S

saxman

You could keep waspfish and/or perhaps one of the smaller scorps in your mix of fish. They have pretty small mouths and do very well with smaller fish.

kilofey

You could keep waspfish and/or perhaps one of the smaller scorps in your mix of fish. They have pretty small mouths and do very well with smaller fish.
Cool :eek:) thanks, ill check them out & then research the one(s) I like & see if they would be right for me. Ive been googleing like crazy trying to find some crazy unique looking fish... Looking for a "ooohhh, wassatt?" Fish lol. Id like my centerpiece fish to be the same size as the others, just more spacey & spectacular looking. I think it looks odd when ppl have all tiny fish then one huge fish. Jus my opinion :)

kilofey

Thats great! I cant immagine trying to battle aptasia in that size tank lol... How would u even get to it if it were in the back!?! Youd need a lift or something haha, like what they use in plays to make it look like a person is flying.
Well, update... I found a strawberry anemone today :eek:) ive read some people consider it a pest, and others do not... Im chooseing to not consider it a pest (unless anyone can convince me otherwise) I think its very pretty and of course I will be keeping an eye on it, but for now it is a welcomed addition. I saw pix before I found mine and said, aww, pest or not... I want one! Lol.
More updates... I still have not seen an ammonia spike and I have added some critters & 2 fish. I think my lr and ls had enough living bacteria to sustain everything. Im going to cool it on buying things for 2 weeks and then start adding things gradually. My trates have come down as well, I have only done a 15 & a 5 gal water change so far. My trates were at 40, now they are 10-15 and I am working to get them down even further before I get my shrimps & more snails. I cant believe how smoothly everything is going! Even the 2 urchins that came with the LR are happily scootin' around and the brittle stars slide all over the place at night, I really didnt think the stars or urchins would make it, I dont want to jinx myself, but so far, so good! Everyones happy, especially me :)

S

saxman

FWIW, the critter in the photo is NOT a tubeless duster...it's a pest 'nem... Aiptasia and Majano don't all look the same, but they will all spread.

S

saxman

Those are definitely Corynactis sp., 1guy...I really like them, and there are a few in our fu manchu tank. I feed them little bits of food from the same stick I use to feed the fu.

kilofey

FWIW, the critter in the photo is NOT a tubeless duster...it's a pest 'nem... Aiptasia and Majano don't all look the same, but they will all spread.
I know that. I was referring to something I didnt post a pic of. I already got the mojano with lemon jiuce. Thanks for lookin out :eek:) the strawberry anemone (i went hunting and found I actually have 2) looks just like those pictured with the little white bubbles at the end of the clear tenticles. It likes night time and dark places. I found mine on the underside of a rock. I did a little reasearch last night, could be a bubble tip anemone (not sure if strawberries are types of bubble tips, but it looked like one of those too)
Ill try to get a pic, but I seriously doubt my camera phone will focus on something that small

1guydude

They are awsome critters imo...beware though they will eat anything just like an anemone! I spot feed mine too saxman! Maybe like once or twice a week!
Kilo- if u feed em during the day with the lights on...they will be more prone to coming out during the daytime! Mine come out close to lights out and during feeding time!

kilofey

They are awsome critters imo...beware though they will eat anything just like an anemone! I spot feed mine too saxman! Maybe like once or twice a week!

Kilo- if u feed em during the day with the lights on...they will be more prone to coming out during the daytime! Mine come out close to lights out and during feeding time!
So u basically can train them? Cool!