Searching for the best Live Rock!!!

benztech858

This is my first saltwater tank and I am searching for some live rock. I don't have a LFS that supplies Live rock... boo. I have a 150 gallon U-shaped tank. Has anyone purchased this Key West Live rock?
**Please do not post links to competitors sites, this includes, but is not limited to E-Bay.**

**Competitor name removed** is nice rock, it is not Live Rock (cycled) though. A friend of mine did his 300 gallon with all xxx, it looked awesome and was pest free. It will take some time to purple up and cycle though. What's nice about xxx is, if you contact marco rock direct and ask for large pieces, they will send large pieces. If you want small they will send small, shelf, What ever you want, they will send it. They are a really good company.

you should check out this site, they have high quality, cheap live rock.
PLEASE do not post competitors on the site (Meowzer)

with the amount of live rock you are getting, shipping will be free. good luck

btldreef

IMO, the best live rock is Tonga, but it's becoming very hard to find as they've closed the quarry there.
In all fairness, the best live rock is live rock that you can see and pick out first hand. You want to look for interesting shapes that have good places to hold corals and will provide a solid structure for your aquascaping. I've seen great Tonga pieces, and terrible ones. I've seen some really horrible Figi rock, and others that are beautiful. It all depends on the shape of the rock, where it's being placed and what it's purpose is for. I would never waste money on Tonga Branch pieces for a FOWLR, but all my reefs have it.