sebae anemonie- Please help dying

frankl

I think it is dying. Nitrates and alk Salinity all seem okay. It used to be open and large it seems like it is getting smaller should I be feeding this thing directly. I just assumed it absorbed nutrients and didn't have to feed it directly. Other anemonies are doing fine. I hate to lose this one it cost a few bucks. Or do these things close up every now and then.
Thanks

keitho

well, they go through regular inflation/deflation cycles to change out the water within their body cavity. as long as he doesn't look like he's "melting", i wouldn't worry too much. you don't need to feed him unless he readily accepts food, and if you were to try to force-feed him, it may do more harm than good. even my 6" BTA goes through days when he's just not as big as other days. if he is dying and looks like he's melting, remove him immediately as it will seriously foul your tank. hope this helps..

tru conch

keitho pretty much summed it up. my seabe goes through cycles, where he just isnt as larger on some days. unless he looks like he is melting, like keitho said, dont really worry about it. my seabe doesnt take direct feedings either. i use some invert food plus live brine from time to time. hth

predator

My seabae, long tnacle and flower all take food directly. I give them silversides evry week. But they are very moody and will go through some strange episodes. Unless he stars falling apart and looks runny(yuk) then he is not dying.<a href="http://hometown.aol.com/flmeangl44/index.html" target="_blank">CLICK HERE TO SEE MY REEF</a>