Sebae not anchored anymore...

palmer

I removed the clownfish I had that I was holding for a friend because he had some issues with his tank. The clown was in my tank for over a year. I removed the clown about two months ago. About a month ago my sebae that the clown was in all the time is no longer dug in to the sand. The sebae is more or less just floating on the bottom. This has been going on for about a month. The sebae looks healthy and full. I added a pair of clowns (small ones) last week but they have yet to 'find' the sebae. I'm wondering, did the sebae release itself from the sand because the original clown was removed and is 'looking' for other resident fish? How long should it take for the new clowns to accept the sebae? These are juvenile true percula that were being held in the same tank at the fish store with several other percs. They look small enough where one of them should 'decide' to become the male and the other stay the female. They get along fine and are not fighting. Just wondering what is happening with the sebae????

viper_930

What kind of lighting do you have on that tank?
What are your water parameters?
I highly doubt the current problem with the sebae has anything to do with the clown that was removed. The new clowns may or may not even accept the sebae as a host.

palmer

50 gallon bo-front with 305 watts. Same set-up for about 2 years. Sebae has been in the tank for over a year. Water parameters tested over the weekend, all good. The sebae was quite content until the clown was returned to the original owner...