Seems like my clowns color is fading

constantne

I bought my clown about a week ago and ever since it seems like his orange is becoming darker. Could it be the food im feeding him because ill change it if thats the case. It mostly seems like the top half of his body. I will post pics if anyone needs them.

dawman

Originally Posted by BexleyFish
No, if it was a true, all of the orange between the 1 and 2 stripe would be black

Not all True Perculas have black filled between the first two stripes . Clowns tend to change the coloring a bit when reaching adulthood .

dawman

Originally Posted by BexleyFish
Really, Ive never seen a true without the black

Some just have the thicker outlines . I have one pair that doesn`t have much black between the stripes and another that has a lot . It depends on the genetics of the parents .

dawman

What are you feeding ? Cyclop-eez will bring colors back and bright in orange and red fish . The colors sometimes fade when getting older but your don`t look that big . I feed mine a bunch of different flakes and frozen foods along with live foods .

M

milnita

We have 2 clowns and their color seemed a bit off, we couldn't figure out what was wrong until one of our pencil urchins died. The water was too hot, we had it set at 79-80 and reduced it to 77-78 and they're much happier now and color doesn't look off.

M

milnita

Let me know if that works because I thought it was such a minimal change, I really didn't think that was it, but it seemed to be.