Selecting a new tank

funkysean5

I was wondering which nano is the best for my new tank. Setup, filtration, lighting(kinda), flow, and all the other important stuff I'm looking for. I am going to SPS. This is what I am looking at:
JBJ 28g HQI
Aquapod 28g HQI
Current USA 34g solana
29g Biocube (with HQI if that is possible)
And the 34g RSM
I know that most of them are different price, but I'm not worried about that. Thanks for your help!

catfishcity

i personally think that u whould go with the JBJ nano cube cause that is what i have an i love it. i have had no problems with the lights or filtration.

funkysean5

Originally Posted by catfishcity
http:///forum/post/2839582
i personally think that u whould go with the JBJ nano cube cause that is what i have an i love it. i have had no problems with the lights or filtration.
Thanks! I've heard great things about it. but still need other opinions.

catfishcity

ok yea i agree with you, it took me forever to decide which brand to buy, i heard bad and good things about every brand, but i personally liked the JBJ better and it is working great.

premilove

i love my jbj 28, but i just got it lol. its everything i could ask for. i run my lights for a good 10 hours and i really do not get any temp problems. i just stick my azoo fans (20 bucks, 26 with shipping) on the back of the tank and turn em on when i turn my light on! the thing that i dont like about the RSM is that it isnt MH, idk if you can get one with it, ask someone about that. with the jbjs you have so much room to make a mini fuge. idk too much about the others..another friend of mine has the aquapod but i still liked the looke of the jbj more. looks sleek. what's cool about the solana is tank is rimless, but if u want to switch to a new LF , gona cost some more money..my .02 cents

yearofthenick

This might help you out. I posted a few pic's on there as well...
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/340135/red-sea-max-130d-vs-jbj-nano-cube-hqi
RSM, in my opinion. I did a lot of research on all of these tanks and chose the RSM because it does the best in almost every area, especially filtration which far exceeds any of the others... and filtration is pretty high up on the top of the need-list. It has the biggest, strongest skimmer of them all, and by leaps and bounds too.... it has a high-flow water pump and physically mixes the air. The JBJ skimmer is just a joke. It's an airstone inside of a tube. There's no flow through it whatsoever except for the water movement that the air causes... next to nothing. AND you need to be constantly changing out the airstones otherwise it won't skim.
I think the only down side to the RSM is that it doesn't have as powerful of lighting as some of the other tanks, but you can still put almost anything under the T5's. One guy said he keeps a maxima clam happy in his RSM, and those clams generally need HQI's to survive but for some reason it works in the RSM.

yearofthenick

Oh man I didn't even notice the solana on your list! yeah that one's bangin if you can afford it. I'd choose that over my rsm any day, just because it's so beautifully designed.

premilove

if it came down to the rsm or solana i would pick the solana.. personally the whole pendant thing is weird to me only bc solana has a stronger light, minus the pendant feature

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by funkysean5
http:///forum/post/2840360
lol. Do you think I should change the pendant light to a sunpod?
pendant... you want to show off the rimless open top... it looks great that way... or fabricate your own pendant if you don't like how the stock one looks.

blue eye

Go with the bigger tank because once u get it a tank, after a couple months u want a bigger one, so get the bigger one from the start.
Thats what happened to me, i set up a 30 gal last month and now i am going to tranfer it to the 55gal i bought.

funkysean5

Thanks guys!
What about the filtration on the salona? Now this is my list:
Current USA Solana
RSM 34g
JBJ 28g
My LFS has a solana system! Just checked there website and its on sale for $395!!!!