Selection

infalable

Greetings all. Do to heart related problems I haven't been online in almost four months. I hated not seraching this sight each day, but all is well and I am back to taking care of my tank. I have a 46 gal and now the only fish in there is a false perc. I an going to add one more since they are social. I would like to add a small group of a schooling fish or ones that do well in numbers of 3-5. I would like to add firefish, but since I have no cover I am not sure that is wise. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Since my tank is only 46 gals I am looking at smaller fisher. No larger than a dwarf angel and preferrably smaller. Thanks.

92protruck

You're probably right on the firefish although I think they make a great addition to a small tank. I don't think they just jump for the heck of it but when they get scared or chased. If you have a very peaceful tank maybe you could try them or put some egg crate or screen over the top. Other than that, small chromis (blue or green) or PJ cardinals maybe. Be careful with how many fish you put in a 46 gal. I assume you have excellent filtration and can handle the load. I would not put more than 2-3 fish in a 46 myself but I like things easy.

infalable

How territorial are the chromis. I do have shrimp etc that I want to keep around. I also agree on not overcrowding. I wont put to many in.