Selling some of my more rare corals.

candycane

I need to clear some room in my 55 and get some new lights in the process for a my new tank. Most of these I have had for years and years and years. Some of them were my favorite show pieces. Shipping is a flat $25.00 a piece as long as you are in a guaranteed USPS overnight area. If more then one is purchased, it MIGHT raise the price on shipping 5-7 dollars per coral.
PM me or email me a cfrecf @ yahoo . com with any offers or interest.
Coral #1 $140.00 (pic 1 and 2): The first coral is just ODD which is why it is one of my favorites. Mostly it has been called a Moon Coral, but i'm pretty sure it isn't. It seems to be an Acanlord with Moon Coral colorations. It may even be a weird Australian Acanlord. The thing that differentiates it is that the corallites I am 99% sure are cerioid, while Moon Corals are usually Plocoid. I attached a pic of the coral at night after feeding so the difference can be seen. The polyps look more like an Acanlord and almost nothing like a regular moon coral. They are also EXTREMELY puffy. There's about 35-45 polyps.
Coral #2 $125.00 (pic 3 and 4): This coral is EXTREMELY rare. It has been under 400 watts of halides for over 5 years now. The numerous mouths are quite visible. It swells rather large and has not been aggressive at all. It is a purple lavender color and has been since the day I got it. To me it is definitely stunning and just a one of kind that I have never seen the likes of to this day. It is about 6 inches long and 4 inches wide.
Coral #3 $45.00 (pic 5): This thing is supposed to be something called an Aegas Acropora. To me it looks similar to a Hydnophora or Fuzzy Acro with what I think is really neat coloration. The polyps are visibly really long and the color of the skeleton is nearly neon-green which can't be seen too much because of the length of the polyps. It doesn't seem very aggressive but grows VERY VERY fast.
Coral #4 $60.00 (pic 6): It's a Maze brain. A pretty decent sized one. It's about the size of a CD but with REALLY great coloration. Those are the actual colors. There are no actinics on this tank, just the pendants with 14K bulbs. I have had this thing for about 6 years.
Coral #5 $150.00 (pic 7): Coral #5 I would only consider purchasing if the tank it is going into is immaculate; and I still don't know if it should be purchased. It looks terrible right now because I had just got done fragging it and stuck the two polyps to a rock. It's a neon, neon, neon red Micromussa. The polyps are extremely small but it is a gorgeous coral. Just isn't happy right now. This whole tank is getting cleared out though so I figured I would put the picture up.
I have a neon green fox coral that has a slight rusty red hue to it that I might sell also. That one just hasn't been doing spectacular lately.

candycane

I THINK the second one might be Acanthastrea Maxima from Australia. Not sure, I got an email of someone saying it might be that. It seems to meet all the characteristics too.

candycane

Originally Posted by DameInDistress
http:///forum/post/2697599
I sure like the coral #2- the purple/lavender colored one. Is this still available?
I am waiting to hear back from someone about it, but should hopefully know by tomorrow.

candycane

The purple one is gone and here are the new prices because I HAVE to make room in this tank.
Coral #1 is $90.00 - $50.00 price drop.
Coral #3 is $35.00 - The Acropora $10.00 price drop
Coral #4 is $45.00 - The Maze Brain $15.00 price drop
Coral #5 is $90.00 - The Micromussa from Japan $60.00 price drop. The polyps are looking a good deal better.

candycane

Originally Posted by candycane
http:///forum/post/2700764
The purple one is gone and here are the new prices because I HAVE to make room in this tank.
Coral #1 is $90.00 - $50.00 price drop.
Coral #3 is $35.00 - The Acropora $10.00 price drop
Coral #4 is $45.00 - The Maze Brain $15.00 price drop
Coral #5 is $90.00 - The Micromussa from Japan $60.00 price drop. The polyps are looking a good deal better.
Ok, 10% off the above prices. I need these lights.

candycane

Ok, I will listen to offers if anyone is interested in a coral? PM or email me so we can discuss further - just PLEASE don't make it REALLY low.