Semi-Final Decisions...

bigfish77

After much Q/A and research, I think that a 180 gallon 6 x 2 x 2 will be my next tank. That being said I am proposing a stock list but am curious about if its possible and also what order is best to add the fish? I am thinking due to costs I will be adding 1 fish per month give or take. How big of QT tank should I set up and how long should I QT? I assume bar bottom with some PVC and HOB no light. Anything else people treat or use in QT?

My goal of this tank is to just have large hearty fish.. I would love possible 12 fish or more if that is possible. Please let me know what you would add or remove, and NO I will not be listing a Large Angel species...LOL

Must Haves:
Purple Tang
Blonde Naso Tang
Red-Tail Trigger
Lunar / Lyretail Wrasse
Maroon Clown (2 but think only 1 is possible)

Undecided:
Raccoon Butterfly
Achiles Tang
Potters Angel
Red Stripe Angel
Lamarcks Angel
DogFace Puffer
FoxFace /One Spot FoxFace
Thanks...

jay0705

Watch mixing angels. You can get 2 maroons, but it means buying a pair together. A mated pair ideally. Of your possible fish i would do a fox and potters. Personal choice on those lol

lmforbis

Only one maroon.
Skip the butterfly. You have too many aggressive feeders. Butterflies are shy and will be out competed for food.
I'd skip the Achilles tang. They are very aggressive and are difficult to keep.
Only one Centropyge angel so either the red stripe or potters.
Lamarks angel is a great fish.
Fox face is a good choice. Beware they are venomous.
Don't know much about puffers or triggers but I have read they aren't good together because the triggers will go for the puffers eyes.
Purple tang is a beautiful expensive fish with a rep for being aggressive.
You want to add fish in order of leat to most aggressive.
In the first group potters/red stripe and lamarks angels. Probably the naso and puffer next. Followed by the rest. Generally only one or two fish at a time once the cycle is done.

I strongly suggest you set up a quarantine tank. Those are expensive fish and you can easily while out the tank by adding a fish infected with velvet or another parasite.

bigfish77

The trigger is supposed to be the mildest trigger from what I read. I can do with out the puffer not sure if I could do any anthias or hogfish? I did not know achiliies were aggressive I read they are poor eaters. How long do most QT?

jay0705

Red tail or sargasum triggers are considered by most to be reef safe. I would add inverts , especially shrimp before it tho. Most qt fish for 4-6weeks depending if treatment was needed

lmforbis

In the tank Spanish hog would be good. They are beautiful. I've seen many diving in the Caribbean. Often upwards of a foot long. Keep an eye on numbers of fish. And their adult size. The fish on your list are messy fish, will contribute a lot to the bio load, and you need to be able to keep the parameters in check.
I'd wait on the anthias, they can be touchy. I want some but still haven't pulled the trigger.
I quarantine for a minimum of 30 days. You can observe only and treat if there is a problem or treat right off the bat. I, personally, only treat for worms (prazipro). I also use the tank transfer method, you might google it, it works well at preventing ich from getting into the tank.